Friday, August 5, 2011

Life as Mrs. LW

Since we've returned from our honeymoon we have been extremly busy. We've had gifts to put away, thank you cards to write, volleyball camp, basketball camp, visits with friends and family, birthdays, funerals, doctors visits and everything in between.

I love being a wife. More importantly, I love being LW's wife. I have fallen more in love with him than I ever dreamt would be possible. I miss him when he's not with me, but I do cherish the alone time, and often drift off wondering what he is doing or thinking.

I love being a step mom (or bonus mom as another blogger put it). I love knowing that my girls love me and do need me in their life. And I love being there for them. I love hugging them, telling them I love them and that I am proud of them, I love talking to them, I love spending time with them.....I just love having them in my life.

More recently we had a situation where I had to be there for Kassidy because LW was out of town in Arizona on business. He asked me if I could pick up Kassidy from volleyball practice and be there when they announced who made the cut to be on the team. I'm sad to report that our little spitfire did not make the team. As she was told she didn't make the team her beautiful hazel eyes looked over at me with saddness. My stomach cringed. I needed LW to be here so we could hug our daughter and remind her that we are still so very proud of her. As she walked over to me she collapsed into my arms. I told her I loved her and I was so very proud of the effort she put forth. Not a lot of comfort I know, but at least she knows how I feel.

It was hard to be there for Kassidy without LW but I was honored that LW had confidence in me that I would do the right thing had Kassidy gotten the bad news. It wasn't easy for him to listen to his baby crying on the phone. She sobbed like I have never seen her sob before. My heart hurt for her and I wanted in an instant to make it better for her. Feeling that way reminded me, step or biological, I am Kassidy's (and Lauren's) mom. Just in a different way.

I finally absolutely without a doubt....love my life...to it's fullest. I can't wait to see what's ahead!

8 comments:

sarah said...

-like-

:)

Allison said...

I'm so happy for you, Danica :) I love seeing you so happy!

Tooje said...

What a sweet, sweet feeling I have after reading this. :) It's a wonderful thing to hear honest, heartfelt marriage stories.

LV said...

I hope and pray everyday the rest of y our life is as happy as they are now. Just remember life has its ups and downs, Be prepared to face that and wait for the sky to clear.Sorry, but I have not had a chance to comment sooner. I have a wild two days.

gayle said...

Those girls are so lucky to have you in their lives. I hope they know that!! Believe me I am speaking from experience...wish I had had a step mom like you!

Julie said...

So happy you are happy! You did great with Kassidy, very comforting. You don't have to give birth to someone to know how to be a Mom, hon. You're doing fine!

I love that we're finally both so happy in our lives!!!! It's been a long time coming!

ModernMom said...

Best, happiest, loving post ever. You are a Happy girl!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I am so happy for you, yet guilty because I considered myself a bonus mom but seem to be failing miserably at it. The kids don't like anything I cook. They are messy and disrespectful and use their mom as an excuse for doing things their own way. I am sitting here in the library just to find some peace and quiet. Sad, huh? But, in the meantime, I truly am happy for you.