Monday, June 13, 2011

Surprise Package

Saturday afternoon I arrived home to a sweet little surprise on my doorstep. Of course I was giddy with excitement because what girl doesn't want to open presents? As I started to tear away the tape I realized that the gift was from a very special person in my life. I peeled away the tissue paper and made my way to the treasure inside. And as I got closer to the precious gift, I teared up. I thought about how special this gift really is and what it truly means to me. It's not about the cost of the gift. It's about the special person I will think of every time I see it.

A fellow blogger, Lavoice, who is very much like a Grandmother to me, sent LW and I the most beautiful glass picture frame as a wedding present. I'm not sure if she knows this or not, but the picture frame is in the colors of our living room.

As I stood in my kitchen with the picture frame craddled in my hands, I thought about how wonderful the power of the Internet truly is. It brings people together, who might not have ever happened upon each other.

I'm so grateful to have Lavoice in my life. I will treasure her always. I only hope that one day our paths will meet in person.

I promise to shares photos of the frame as soon as I can. If you know me, you know that I'm a little slow with posting pictures!

Thank you Lavoice for your contiuned love and support. You are truly an angel to me. I will treasure you always!

4 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

There is beauty in the internet and you've found it! You've got to meet face to face! Sounds like your mom has helped bring someone into your life that knows the value and beautiful person you are.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Julie said...

Awwww, that made ME tear up. LV is such a wonderful lady, isn't she? We are so lucky to have gotten to know her.

Can you believe The Day is almost here? Holy crap!

LV said...

Danica, so glad you got the package okay. The mail can be a problem. Also, pleased you like it. I did not know it would match your bedroom. I knew you liked red is why I used it. My only concern is your welfare and happiness. May you find that this weekend. Also, to learn more about me, go to last Saturday's Pink Saturday. Beverly, the lady that is the hostess for it, featured me.

gayle said...

That was so sweet of her!!!