Friday, March 11, 2011

Wedding Ring

Recently I had ordered LW's wedding ring online. Never in a million years would I think to order a ring online, but I had a couple of friends who had done so, so I thought we would try it out, since LW is not too picky about what he wants.

We went with a titanium ring 7mm ring with a small round diamond in the center. I couldn't be more thrilled with how it turned out.



My only complaint is, we tried on various titanium rings at the jewelry store and of course we used the sizers that the ring company sent us. When the ring arrived it wasn't quite as snug as we would have hoped it would have been. We talked about sending it back, but LW was worried about if he gains weight when he gets older what would happen since they can't resize the ring (guess he's sentimental like that). So we opted to order these rubber ring sizers that fit inside the ring. Pretty snazy.

When I asked him what he thought, he said he loved the ring but that it felt 'weird' having something on that finger (or his fingers in general). The man is 45 years old...never been married, never worn jewelry, won't wear a watch, so I suppose it will feel weird. But a good weird as he said.

I love that man.

5 comments:

LV said...

Well, it is about time the LW got broke into what that ring really means. He is to proudly wear it and be thankful and blessed for the reason he is wearing it in the first place. It is definitely a man's style ring. I have been enjoying your visits to my blog.

gayle said...

I'm so glad he loves his ring!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I guess if you haven't worn jewelry, it will take some getting used to. It's gorgeous though! I'm so excited for you both!

Julie said...

Love it!

Tatum @ Many Moments Of Me said...

Hey, I didn't know about the rubber ring sizer things...That is good information to have, especially if we get Chris a ring that can't be sized.

Thanks for the info!