Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy 12th Birthday Kassidy

The baby of the house turns 12 today!!

I remember LW bringing her to dinner one night so I could meet her for the first time. She was 9 years old. Such a tiny little thing. She was so quiet and so scared. She was checking me out though. You know that look that says "I love my daddy so you better not steal him from me." I made sure though, to always include Kassidy and I have always made sure that the two of them have some alone time together.

And just this weekend, she begged daddy up and down to sleep with her. And no matter how much I wanted him to sleep with me (well that's a lie HA!), it's these times LW will never get back with her. So I encouraged him to sleep with her, if only until she fell asleep. He craddled her in his arms and off to sleep she went.

Here she is on her 10th birthday:



Here she is back in October:



She's just at 5 feet, which makes her almost taller than me! She wears a size 7 in women's shoes, so she's definately out grown me there.

My new saying this last year with the girls has been:

"I love you to the moon and back."

Apparently it's from a children's book. Who knew. I've always said it to LW, but I've just recently started saying it to the girls. It's my way of saying my love can not be measured.

She's a sweet, beautiful girl. While we do have work on her attitude; no one said raising children was easy, especially during those pre-teen years.

I hope Kassidy knows how very much we love her and how she is an important part of our family. I couldn't imagine not loving her.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I hope Kass has a wonderful birthday!!

It's called Guess How Much I Love You...it's a story of a baby and momma rabbit. :) http://www.amazon.com/Guess-How-Much-Love-You/dp/0763641758/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298384695&sr=1-1

ModernMom said...

What a sweet note to the Birthday girl! My "baby" turned 12 just last month..oh life is getting interesting now:)

Happy Birthday Kass!

LV said...

Danica, a nice tribute to Kassidy for her birthday. In this case, you have to deal with things slow and careful, one day at the time. You must be a tiny little thing if she is taller than you. Be careful the wind does not blow you away.