Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wedding Questions

Since I don't have any other fun news to report, I'll bore you with some wedding details. I've been asked many questions about the wedding details so I thought rather than respond to every request I'll post it here.....

Honeymoon - we are going to St. Lucia and will be staying at the Grande St. Lucian.
I can not tell you how badly I need this vacation. I'm beyond excited to go somewhere this amazing!



Date - we are getting married June 18th....Father's Day weekend.

Wedding Location - we are getting married outdoor under a beautiful arbor with a back drop of trees and a field of green grass not far from our home. The website does not have a picture of the arbor up yet as it is new. We were the second couple to book the arbor since it was built in August of last year.

Reception - will also be at the same place we are getting married, however it will be inside. 130 of our closest friends and family are invited. It's an italian style buffet.

Ceremony music - this I am most excited about as I just booked a steel drum! Yes a single steel drum, but it will be so beautiful!!

Flowers - our flowers are all tropical in nature....lots of oranges, yellows, purples and pinks. Not only is the flower shop doing the flowers for the ceremony but she is also doing them for the tables at the reception. I can't wait to see them!

Cake - is being done by someone I met on a local chat board. It is four tiers...one tier is lemon with lemon filling, another is chocolate with a chocolate raspberry filling, and the last two are yellow with a buttercream filling. All four tiers will have a different color ribbon the color of the wedding (lime green, orange, hot pink and purple).

Invites - are being made by a friend. They are turning out to be orange and pink with a black background. As soon as they are finished I will share. I've seen the prototype and love it! She is also making all of our table numbers, thank yous, etc.

Placecards/gift to guests - I have strugled with this, but we have opted for lollipops in the wedding colors. So we'll somehow attach the table number and the guest name to the lollipop. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

DJ - is a friend of the family and is free, so I can't wait. The song we are walking into is a secret as well as our first dance song. I'm trying to find a song for the girls to dance with their dad as a surprise to him.

Linens - our table clothes are white with napkins in the color of the wedding. Our cake table will be in orange though. :-)

Other than that, that's all I've got. I still have minor details to iron out, but the big stuff is done.

Stay tuned!

10 comments:

Allison said...

It all sounds fabulous, Danica! I absolutely cannot wait to see all the pictures!

Julie said...

Sounds so bright and colorful and gorgeous.

Are you getting married at Creekside?

I can't wait!!!!

Dee said...

The colors sound gorgeous boo! I love the sound of steel drums!! Can't wait to see the wedding pics! So happy for you!

LV said...

I am always happy to see where you have a post up. I want to know what is going in your wold. Sounds like you have really been busy, working, designing cards, making all these wedding arrangements and keeping the home fires burning. I can see why you do not have time to post very often. Don't over do it. I have been to several of the islands, but not this one you are going to. That time of the year, should be nice and warm. You know this old lady, wants nothing but the best for you.

gayle said...

I loved reading about your wedding! It sounds like it's going to be so fancy!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Danica, that sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm so happy for you!

ModernMom said...

Oh perfect! It souns just beautiful and perfect:)

Jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jody said...

Love all the details!!! Everything sounds amazing!

Jody said...

Sorry, don't know what I was doing and deleted my comment before!