Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tick Tock

I am seriously 5 months and 13 days away from being married!!! I wish I could say it was all finalized.

I'm struggling finding ceremony music. People I have contacted just want way too much money. Sadly I may have to cave though. I can't get married to people whistling as I walk down the grassy aisle (we're getting married outside). I mean I guess I could but that's not how I roll! I once went to a wedding where that happened and it was so TACKY.

But I digress.

Other than ceremony music I have pretty much secured everything else!

I've made my final decisions on the linens.
Flowers have been choosen.
Cake has been decided upon.
Invites are being made.
Dress is on order.
Photographer booked.
DJ is supposidly secured. Must check with LW on this as this was his only task!
Honeymoon is picked out...will be placing deposit down this week.

LW needs his tux and the girls need their dresses and we all need shoes, but the HUGE items are almost taken care of.

Now I'm hoping it all comes together nicely.

For a refresh...here is my dress......where it shows tan, I will have BRIGHT ORANGE! And of course I will not have a train.



Here is my MOH's dress....however her's will be in a bright pink color!


Lauren and Kassidy still have to pick their colors though. Kass wants to be in lime green and Lauren will be in a royal purple. We go at the end of this month to order theirs. With Kassidy growing so much I didn't want to chance ordering it too soon!

But soon it will all be over and I keep thinking what do I have to look forward to next? It's not like I'm going to have children.

So once the wedding is done I'm going to have to find something else to focus on...Kassidy isn't with us full time so I don't get to be a full time Mom. Lauren doesn't really need me because she's far too grown up. LW is always busy with basketball. So I guess now is my time to find something for me.

When I got divorced before I had to learn to live on my own again. So that took time. Then my Mom died so I spent a lot of time taking care of her prior to losing her. Then I started dating again. Then I had to learn how to be a Mom to someone else's children. Then I had to cope with knowing I could never have kids. Then I had a wedding to plan. And then...I will have to find something else to focus on.

Maybe it's time I take a class I've always wanted to take or craft more or work out more or find a hobby that consumes me when the family isn't around.

But I guess for now, I'll focus on making this wedding beautiful and making this time with the girls special. As for once we can all hopefully be...THAT happy family.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I have two words for you.

BOOM BOX.

That's what Elizabeth played her song on! LOL

LV said...

Glad to see you had a post up today. Looks like you have it pretty well under control. Just all this works out just as you expect. I am fine. Just glad the holiday madness is over. I tend to get concerned when you do not post for days. I understand you have a busy life style, and it is going to change even more after the wedding. Some people are born not to have children. Your not being able to be a real mother was not in the plan. You have so much more to reflect on and be thankful far. Trust me, your life could be so much worse. Take care.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I will totally be floored if you don't find something or someone that loves and needs your love and affection and attention when the wedding is over and done. I don't see you as the sit and watch tv type. Maybe when you least expect it, it will come to you. You could write a book???

gayle said...

This is so exciting .....hearing about all your wedding plans! Everything sounds perfect!

ModernMom said...

Have you looked into University music students? Don't know if that is the kind of music youar hunting for, but we had a fabulous trio which included a flute and two strings. They were very eager to please, cheap, fantastic and much cheaper then professional musicians!

Loved reading all your wedding plans can't wait to hear more detials as they come. Where is the honeymoon?
So exciting!