Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today I lost my Mother to lung cancer.

The saddest day of my life.

It's not been easy at all, but somehow, someway you learn to cope with the loss. And through tragedy I found love, hope and peace with LW. Six months after I lost my Mom, LW walked into my life and never once looked back. For he too can relate....he lost his Father, in a terrible car accident, 44 years earlier. While he never got to know his Father (he was 1 when he passed), there's nothing like an empty space in your heart.

I'm not going to be sad today. I know my Mom would not want that. I will quietly remember her and be grateful for the time I did have with her.

I know she knows...I'm gonna be alright.

5 comments:

Julie said...

You aren't "going to be" alright. You already ARE.

I know how hard these days are, we think of our loved ones death on this day, and it makes us sad.

Instead,I try to think more of my sister and my dad's lives on these days. It helps me to smile and not feel sad.

Your Mom is with you all day, every day. She's guiding you, and loving you, and is proud of who you are and who you will be.

And so am I. :) Love you.

LV said...

It is never easy to give up our loved ones. Just dwell on the good times and memories you have. Time as always heals most of our pain. Believe me, I have had my share, but feel I am a stronger person for it. I wish you only the best in your life and family for 2011. Stay in touch.

gayle said...

It does get easier as the years go by but it never goes away! I'm glad you have wonderful memories of your mom!

tbonegrl said...

thinking of you, Danica

ModernMom said...

No Mama would want their baby to be sad, It is great that you know you are going to be....that you are alright!
Hugs to you.
Al the best for 2011