Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy Holidays

It's been awhile since I have last posted. Sorry about that.

Life has just gotten in the way! I'm busier (in a good way) then I ever dreamed possible. There's not been much time for lounging....and when that time comes, I'm usually fast asleep as I'm tired as all get out.

I've been working out on a regular basis. I've lost inches, not weight, but I've gained some pretty good muscles. I will rock that strapless wedding dress (I'll post pictures when the dress comes in - takes about three months and I ordered it at Thanksgiving). My arms are thinner, my thighs are thinner, my waist is smaller and my endurance is longer. I'm getting the shape back I had when I was 30. I know it was only 7 and a half years ago, but I seriously did let myself go for awhile there. I think I sank into this deep depression when I got divorced and my Mom died. I'll never fully admit that, but I was a different person then. But now I'm happy, healthy and living life.

The anniversary of my Mom's passing will be here before I know it. December 29th will mark three years I've been without her smile, guidance, and love. Some days are harder than others. There's no lying about that. It's hard when your parents die. A little piece of you goes with them. We've placed a wreath on her grave every year she has been gone and this year all four of us (my siblings) are placing special pine cones on her wreath on Christmas Eve. It's kind of a neat way to keep her in hearts this holiday season. Christmas was my Mom's favorite holiday.

Christmas will be a busy one for us! With two kids home, I hope I can make this a holiday they will never forget. I can't wait to see their faces Christmas morning as they walk down the stairs to see their pile of gifts. And more importantly, I can't wait to see, what is now my family, sitting together, in the livingroom, with the fire going, opening up presents and laughing and crying. Watching LW with his girls will be the best part. He hasn't spent Christmas with the two of them together in about 4 years, so this year will be extra special for him.

I'll leave you with the photos we had taken of the girls in October. Some were Christmas presents, some were placed in our Christmas cards.

If I don't return this week to blog land, I hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'll do my best to get to each and everyone of your blogs to wish you a Happy Holiday season.





3 comments:

LV said...

So glad to see Happy Girl is still with us. I really do get concerned when you are gone for awhile. I understand life can become too hectic at times. I am proud you are sticking with the loss program. I am not sure I would be that dedicated. Those are very nice pictures of the girls. Wish you and all the rest the best of holidays and New year. Take care.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Your girls are both so beautiful. I'm excited to hear that they will be spending Christmas with you and LW. There's going to be so much love and laughter in the house.

I like the idea of the pine cones and the wreath for you mom. May her memories and love live on forever.

gayle said...

I am glad you have been so busy but missed you! The girls are beautiful! Sounds to me like you are going to have a wonderful Christmas!! Can't wait to hear all about it!