Sunday, August 29, 2010

Still Here

Wow I just realized it's been FOREVER since I last posted. Sorry for the delay. It's been beyond busy at home. Between work, studying for a certification for work and home, it's been one hectic summer.

Kassidy went home to her mom's for the school year last week.

Lauren is starting college in 20 days or so.

LW and I while, we suffered a really horrible rough patch, have learned to start to piece our life back together. It's not going to be easy, but I love him enough to work through our struggles and apparently he loves me enough to do the same.

I'd have to say it's been one of the worst summers on record. I'm definately looking forward to the fall and looking foward to college football, cold weather, and family time during the holidays.

I'll do my best to post a little more frequently. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to get caught up on my blog readings.

Peace love happiness!

10 comments:

Dee said...

Damn boo, I didn't even realize you were going through any of this! I hope things get better! Hugs! If you ever need a shoulder, mines free!!

LV said...

Thank goodness you are still around. I have been concerned about you, but do understand. You knew this was going to be a hard,rough road to travel from the first. It is going to take a lot of taking and giving from everyone. When you have teenagers, it makes things a little more difficult. I pray you do not end up being more hurt. It can work if the bond of love is strong enough. Take care my friend. I am like an old mother hen. Gotta watch over the little chicks.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I know that you are going to hang in there. I admire that about you and LW. You are both willing to work on the struggles together. It's especially hard when there are kids in the mix. As much as I know you're going to miss Kassidy, it will be good to start the fall a bit more settled and focused. Hang in there. I'm here if you need to chat.

Julie said...

Hang in there, darlin.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Oh, damn--summer's too short to have a crappy one. I hope the change of seasons also brings many positive changes to your life. Fingers crossed for you, Danica! XOXO

Colleen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad summer. I'm sure the struggles that you and LW shared were just growing pains. I know how much you love each other and I'm glad that you stuck by each other, even when the going got tough! That's love Danica... and you deserve that more than anyone.

Sounds like your house is becoming a little more quiet by the day! Enjoy your time!!! ((HUGS))

Tooje said...

Rough patches are hard, and kids only make them harder, in my opinion. Love them, certainly, but they don't make anything much easier. :) I hope you are still finding time for fun!

gayle said...

Having young people in your house is always so hard. My husband and I had the hardest time when our girls lived at home!! You can work through this...living with anyone is hard at times!!

ModernMom said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear you have been having a hard time! Hugs to you and hope each day gets a bit easier.

gayle said...

Missing you!! Would love an update!!