Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Laughter

So I've been a bit down lately. Things have been ubber stressful and since my surgery I'm having a hard time balacing things. I feel somewhat 'lost' in my thoughts...like I can never remember what I said, or what I promised. Therefore I'm struggling with balancing work, kids, cleaning the house, yard work, and so on.

So today, when the four of us got together to take LW to an early birthday dinner, I must say the laughter was good for me. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard I cried. And I can't remember the last time the four of us laughed so hard we couldn't talk without laughing.

After dinner we headed home to cut the cake the girls had made for LW. The laughter started as soon as I cut the cake. Lauren forgot to grease the bottom of the pan, so the cake stuck to the bottom. So there we all sat....giggeling hysterically. Then the next thing I know, Kassidy is telling us how she clogged the toliet in their bathroom. Mind you, it was 10 minutes later that she's telling us this. LW thought it best to have Lauren teach her how to plunge the toliet. So standing in the middle of the kitchen, demonstrating plunging a toliet, is Lauren. And we laughed and we laughed and we fell off of our chairs we laughed so hard.

Lauren then took Kassidy upstairs, unwillingly but LW said since she did such a good job demonstrating, that she could surely show Kassidy how to do it in real time. The sounds coming from the bathroom were hysterical "Kassidy you have to move the turd out of the way. Kassidy not like that, like this. Kassidy WHAT are you doing?" OMG LW and I started walking up the stairs to witness the mass confusion, but we couldn't make it up the stairs we were laughing so hard.

And all night we laughed.

Lauren eventually went out with friends and Kassidy and I went on a walk with LW, where LW proceeded to pull his shorts up to his chest and then down past his hiney (his shirt was covering everything so have no fear he wasn't flashing the neighbors) and we laughed some more.

We laughed so long and so hard that Kassidy, bless her heart, fell asleep in the middle of the floor in the den while I was on the computer.

The high light of my evening.....walking with Kassidy and having her grab my hand and LW's hand.

From that moment on we felt like the perfect family.

I love my life. Through all of our struggles (because let me tell you raising someone else's kid isn't easy) I feel LW's love. It's been a tough few months (heck a rough few days) for us for reasons I can't discuss. In one moment life can change. And when Kass grabbed my hand, all in the world was right...if only for a moment.

10 comments:

LV said...

Happy Girl, glad you are back. Laughter is good for the soul. Sounds like each of you got a good dose out of all this going on. You will definitely have some big adjustments to make and deal with. I feel if anyone can make things work, it is you. I truly wish you and your new family the very best.

Dee said...

First thing I want to tell you is that what you're going through (not remembering, feeling overwhelmed, etc) is normal!! Secondly, I know exactly what you mean about someone else's kid! Hubby's (adult) daughter moved in with us a couple of weeks ago and because of all the drama that happened before she moved in, it's hard!!!!

ModernMom said...

It is amazing how one gesture...one grip of those little fingers..can make everything seem okay.

Glad you got your giggle on tonight:)

惠桂刁惠桂刁惠桂刁 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

靜錢錢錢怡錢錢錢錢 said...

人生是故事的創造與遺忘。............................................................

至馬馬馬馬玄馬馬馬馬 said...

你怎麼能經過一片海,而忘記它的藍?......................................................................

Colleen said...

They love you as much as you love them. I am so happy to hear about the good times that you have with them and all of the memories you are making as a family! :)

江趙雲虹趙雲虹仁昆 said...

時間就是塑造生命的材料。..................................................... ............

薛雍 said...

你怎麼能經過一片海,而忘記它的藍?......................................................................

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm so glad that you are finding laughter in unsuspecting moments like plunging the toilet! :)

Raising someone else's child is VERY tough but the rewards are beyond immeasurable. I hope that you feel the love from them both all the time.