Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Google Wednesday

Today's post is in honor of the concert I attended this weekend with Kassidy, my BFF and her daughter and another friend of mine and her daughter.

Do you know him?



Justin Drew Bieber born March 1, 1994 is a Canadian pop-R&B singer. His performances on YouTube were seen by Scooter Braun, who later became his manager. Braun arranged for him to meet with Usher in Atlanta, Georgia, and Bieber was soon signed to Raymond Braun Media Group (RBMG), a joint venture between Braun and Usher, and then to a recording contract with Island Records offered by L.A. Reid.

His debut single, "One Time", was released worldwide during 2009, and charted within the top 30 in over ten countries. It was followed by his debut release, My World on November 17, 2009, which was certified platinum in the United States, which at the time gave Bieber the highest debut by a new artist in the year, and made Bieber the first artist to have seven songs from a debut album chart on the Billboard Hot 100. His first full studio release, My World 2.0 was released on March 23, 2010 and has since received similar success; debuting at number one and within the top ten of several countries and was certified platinum in less than two months of release in the United States. It was preceded by the international hit song, "Baby"


I should say the concert was okay. It wasn't over the top great, but it wasn't the worst concert I had ever been to. The highlight of the evening was looking over at Kassidy and the girls, watching them in awe as their idol danced around and struted his stuff (grabbing himself one too many times for my taste). For in that very moment I felt like a Mom would did something wonderfully giving for their child. And I can honestly say, it was all worth it to hear how giddy she was about the whole thing.

As of today she's still telling everyone about the concert.

Score.

While I don't think his music is the best, it isn't horrible either and I must say he has a few catchy songs. I did catch myself singing with him from time to time.

There were three opening acts, which was kind of strange. I've never been to a concert where that was the case before. The best and final opening act was Sean Kingston. I found myself singning and screaming more with and about him than I did with Justin Bieber. But again, I'm not a giddy, hormonal 11 year old.

I'm just me. And just me did a wonderful thing for a child who hopefully one day will appreciate the deepth of my love for her.

Happy Google Wednesday!

8 comments:

常映 said...

君子立恆志,小人恆立志。.................................................................                           

Allison said...

I honestly wouldn't have known him if he was walking down the streets of Columbus.

But I'm glad it wasn't *too* bad! And I totally would've been rocking out with Sean Kingston, too. That sounds like a really odd pairing...

Emily said...

You are a saint :) hahaha! I'm not sure I would've survived! But I guess it was like my mom taking me to see NKOTB a long time ago! She probably felt the same way!!

ModernMom said...

LOL The kids have Beiber Fever up here in Canada. He grew up not far from us. You are a GREAT Mama for taking Kassidy. It's a moment she will never forget!

Tooje said...

Oh, you are a wonderful person to take her to the concert. I don't know if I'll be able to do this. Maybe I'll send hubs, when the time comes.

LV said...

I am glad that was you and not me. Cannot handle that type music and singing. This younger generation of music is not for us old folks. I like peace and quite with a little country thrown in.

Colleen said...

I love that you had Bieber Fever for just a night... :)

LV said...

If you check your comments again, just wanted to let you know to be sure and read my blog for Tuesday.