Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Google Wednesday

This week I Googled....Dr. Sheldon Cooper.





Because seriously he cracks me up...like no other human being can make me laugh! I am completely and utterly obscessed with that TV show (The Big Bang Theory); although not to the point of how obscessed I am with Roseanne....not yet anyway. Heck I own the first four seasons of Roseanne. After that is when it started to go down hill, but I still loved the show anyway.

But I digress.

If you can believe it, Wikipedia even has information on the fictional TV character!!! Love.It.

Dr. Sheldon Lee Cooper is a fictional character on the CBS television series The Big Bang Theory, portrayed by actor Jim Parsons.

A Caltech theoretical physicist, Sheldon is Leonard Hofstadter's (Johnny Galecki) roommate and colleague. They live across the hallway from Penny (Kaley Cuoco).


Sheldon is distinct for his overtly intellectual personality: he is calculating and cynical, he exhibits a strict adherence to routine, a lack of understanding of irony, sarcasm and humor, and a complete lack of humility; these characteristics are the main sources of his character's humor and the center of a number of episodes. He has been described as the show's breakout character.

Jim Parsons's character is named in honor of actor/producer Sheldon Leonard.




Every week I tune in just to see what new, zanny, brainy, wild, weird, t-shirt he'll have on. It's not like I find him attractive, though he does have this midly attractive, geeky aura about him...I just find him breath takingly funny. Like in an "OMG he's a nut" funny. In fact I even have LW watching the show....and that says a lot because he loves crime drama more than comedy. Score.

I'm sad it's off for the summer, although the re-runs still manage to keep me entertained....which isn't difficult to do with the summer line up that is typically on TV.



Seriously if you have not seen this show, now is your time to catch up before the fall line up begins in a few short months. Season Four here I come!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I didn't know about your obsession with Roseanne! Do you realize you can watch it on TV any time of day or night? That show was my companion through a LOT of late-night feedings. They used to show it on TV Land at least 11-4 a.m. (when Three's Company came on and I'd turn over to the Flintstones).

Love Roseanne. Hate the ending (watched it on TV this weekend again). But love the show as a whole.

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

LV said...

I do not watch TV much anymore. I do not find anything to my liking. There are not really many good shows like they used to be. It is a blessing we do not all like the same things.

Tooj said...

I haven't watched a single new show that started up in the last few seasons. Some day I'll rent the seasons and watch. :) I would, however, like to have that gray tee shirt with the three stripes on it.

俊源 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。.................................................................