Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Stressin'

Wedding planning is ridiculous.

I see now why LW just wants to go away. And quite frankly that's what we're doing. I'm waiting on a packet to come in from a resort in St. Lucia. I believe we will tie the knot in a beach ceremony in St. Lucia. We plan to invite about 50 people with the hopes that we have at least 6-10 people who would like to join us. We'd like more people to come, but we understand it's not a cheap vacation. We are thinking end of April, beginning to middle of May next year.

Once that's settled, we're thinking about what we would like to do at home. LW wants a party but last night when I told him how many people I had on just my list alone (149 people), he laughed and said maybe we should just invite a few people to the house for a cook-out....so that list may be getting cut. Of course close friends and family will be invited...it's those distance relatives and co-workers we can leave off the list.

I think the more I talk about it, the more I really just want to be married. It's not about the ring, the party, the wedding...it's about the four of us becoming a family. We have lots to figure out, and I pray that in my head I can get it all organized.

Why can't money grow on trees?

5 comments:

Homesick Cajun said...

Girl hubby and I decided early on that we were just going to rent a huge beach house down in Corolla (Outer Banks, NC) and we invited our immediate family. We had a simple (but to us, beautiful) ceremony on the beach. I couldn't be happier with the way our wedding turned out!!

Good luck with the planning!!

Julie said...

It can definitely be stressful! You just do whatever is going to be best for you and LW. It's supposed to be fun and exciting...not stressful and making you want to pull your hair out.

I'm happy to help with anything you need, so just let me know...even if it is just getting a martini or two to get past the stress! :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I know the feeling. We go back and forth on a wedding in Vegas and then a cookout here at the house for close family and friends. Then, there is the most gorgeous waterfall and gazebo at a park down the street that I envision having the wedding. It costs and that means renting chairs and all of that. At this point, the easy way would be Vegas but my first marriage was in Vegas so I'm not really thrilled at the thought.

The best part IS being a family. That's how I feel but I'm also struggling with someone dragging their feet as in "afraid to make the commitment).

ModernMom said...

My sister did just that. We all took off to the Almond Beach Club in Barbados. She ended up with about 18 people and then had a big party a couple of weeks later. It was so her and she was so happy. Just remember it is really about the two of you! Don't let anyone push you into their ideas:)

gayle said...

Have the wedding that will make you the most happy!!