Thursday, May 6, 2010

Big News

I am….officially….ENGAGED!

LW popped the question last night in front of some of our dearest friends.

I think I’m still in shock. I’ve had a stomach ache since last night. It’s hard to eat, I couldn’t sleep…I have these giddy little butterflies jumping around in my stomach. Just a little bit ago I texted him to tell him that I am blowing off the gym tonight…because I just want us to go home and be alone. To celebrate in our own private way before we tell his entire family this weekend.

Giddy as a school girl!!!

I must say he did the most amazing job finding a ring to suite my personality. The ring is everything and more than what I would have selected for myself. Below is a picture, although the picture does not do it justice. The center stone (princess cut) is sitting on a bed of tiny antique looking diamonds with round stones going down the side and down the front and back, which are NOT visible in the picture.



The proposal came as a surprise. Sure I was expecting him to one day soon ask me to marry him. I just never expected it to be LAST NIGHT! There we were sitting at a Cinco de Mayo dinner with 18 of our closest friends….socializing, laughing….when all of the sudden LW dropped to one knee and without speaking a word the crowd of friends burst into clapping, tears, screaming, and the like. The entire restaurant came to a hault and they too joined in the clapping, whistling, and cheering! It was an amazing moment. I wouldn’t change anything.

I can honestly say there is something so wonderful about being engaged to LW. I feel like I’m on this tiny cloud of happiness. This is what saying ‘yes’ should feel like….this is what it feels like to be part of a real family…this is what love is suppose to feel like. It’s the most amazing feeling in the world.

After he proposed I called several really close friends who were not with me….I called family, I even called some of my closest co-workers. However, we have yet to tell the girls or his family. We plan to tell Kassidy tomorrow and call Lauren over the weekend. Then of course on Mother’s Day we will share the good news with his Mom and sisters. So please, if you are my Facebook friend, please do not post anything until I’ve posted about it. We are trying to get to as many family members in person as possible. As hard as it is to wait, I have to.

Happiness. I seriously am THAT happy.

This is my future…

16 comments:

Liz said...

Everytime I think about last night, I get giddy! :) I love that LW thinks enough of all of us to let us share in your moment with you.

Allison said...

((HUGS)) Like I said before--I am SO SO happy for you!!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I've got tears filling my eyes! I'm so happy for you! This solidifies the family even more. LW is a romantic and you'll never forget his proposal for years to come.

The ring is GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations to the both of you....actually, to all of you!

Coloradolady said...

Danica, I am so happy for you! Beautiful ring....and a beautiful proposal!!! Best wishes to you both!!!

Erica said...

AAAGGGGHHHHH!!! Congrats!! I can't wait to hear the response from the girls! Don't get caught up in planning yet, take a week or so to just bask in the glow of your bling!

LV said...

I am happy because I know this is what you have been waiting for. Just take it one day at the time, slow and easy so everyone will have time to adjust to a new life. Your ring is truly beautiful. For some reason I have felt a bond with you, and do not want you to be hurt again. You have had enough of that. It is time for true happiness to surround you. I wish you only the best today and always.

Tooj said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

What wonderful news!!

I'm so excited for you. Truly. You will be a beautiful bride, a wonderful wife, and a terrific mother. All things that you've already been to LW. :)

How exciting!!!

test said...

been reading your blog for a while and following your journey. I am soo happy for you! Congrats!

Julie said...

My gosh that ring is gorgeous! I couldn't tell from the picture you texted me, just exactly what it looked like. Fantastic job, LW!!!!

So happy for you, darlin. Let the planning begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ModernMom said...

Oh my gosh!! Congratulations! I have tears in my eyes for you:) How wonderful. Enjoy every second of the bliss!

Kristen said...

So incredibly excited for you! What a beautiful family you have...and what a beautiful bride you'll make!

gayle said...

Congrats!! I am so happy for you!! Your ring is so beautiuful!

RonnyLitchfie6521 said...

好喜歡你的部落格唷,剛下班,要去睡了!!!掰~~..................................................

Colleen said...

WOO HOO! So excited for you guys!!!

Syrone said...

How wonderful! Congratulations. It sounds like you've found your 'forever and ever.' I really love your ring. It's has such a unique cut. Best wishes. Have you set a date?

Trisha R Jackson said...

So happy for you guys!!!!