Friday, April 9, 2010

Summer....Straight Ahead.....

I feel like I’m living in the fast lane and can’t get out of it!

In May we’ll be heading to Arizona to see Lauren graduate from high-school. An exciting, amazing time for our family.

Shortly after Lauren graduates we’ll make a quick trip over to Nevada to check in on my Dad.

And then all hell breaks loose!!

Lauren will be home sometime after her graduation in late May....permanently. She has decided to attend college in Ohio…..Ohio University to be exact. Since she has missed the deadline to apply for the fall semester, she will be starting at the branch and then transferring to the main campus, hopefully by winter quarter. In the mean time, she is looking for summer jobs.

Once she’s settled in at home, Kassidy will most likely be out of school and ready to stay the summer with us starting in June. LW is still working out arrangements to have Kassidy this summer. It would be awesome to have the girls there all of the time. It will feel like a real family.

After we get Kassidy settled in (hopefully; cross your fingers!), then comes my Dad for 5 weeks, starting in July!!!

Holy cow!!! Can you say “packed house?” We have a tiny 1,800 sq ft home…three bedrooms. And with Lauren home, all of the bedrooms will be taken. So my poor father will have to shack up in the den on a blow up mattress. Thankfully he’ll be staying only part time with us. I have a younger brother with three children, so I’m certain he will spend quite a bit of time with them.

It’s funny how just two years ago I was living the single life, in my tiny house, which at the time felt kind of huge and lonely. And now there will be laughter and busyness in mass abundance. I’m slightly overwhelmed but thankful we have a cleaning lady and a lawn mowing company, so we’ll get to spend time together as a family and I won’t feel pressed to have to keep up with things as much.

I’m looking forward to this summer. I know there will be challenges ahead but if we focus as a family we can make it through it. I’m excited to have my girls home, under one roof. I’m excited for the birthdays and holidays ahead. I’m excited to be able to provide them with a happy, healthy home. I know it won’t be easy, and personally I’m struggling right now with Kassidy, but we’ll make it. It will just take a little time and a lot of nurturing.

Stay tuned for some amazing summer updates!!!

8 comments:

Liz said...

YAY!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you and L-Dub that Lauren is moving back!!! OU is MUCH closer than Arizona :) And I know a lot of kids who have gone to OU-Pickerington and liked it (though it wasn't there when I was in school). You're going to have a wonderful summer. I'm so glad your dad is coming, too.

Julie said...

Sweetie, your house is far from "tiny". LOL

Be careful what you wish for, because you are getting it!!! LOL

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Such exciting happenings over there! I hope that it does work out that Kassidy will be there throughout the summer. It will really make that family time together, special. Brace yourself for the sibling bickering though!

I'm so thrilled for you!!

Allison said...

LOL Ditto Julie--1800 sq ft is far from tiny!!!

Keeping fingers crossed that everything works out so Kassidy can be with you guys this summer.

And yay for having Lauren around! She can easily get a few GECs out of the way fall quarter at the branch, then head to main campus and not be behind at all.

Such an exciting summer you have ahead of you!!

LV said...

I am exhausted just reading about all you are going to be involved in this summer. I am not sure I could handle all that. I trust things work out just the way you want.

gayle said...

That's so wonderful for you!! Lucky you for having a cleaning lady and lawn mowing co.

Trisha R Jackson said...

What a fantastic, crazy summ!!

Colleen said...

Sounds like it's going to be a great summer! And I'm so excited to hear that Lauren is coming home and going to OU! Smart girl...