Monday, April 5, 2010

Run Forest Run

I've started running (jogging, walking fast). Sunday was day two of my new found journey. There's so much freedom when you strap on a pair of running shoes, an ipod loaded with your favorite tunes and you head out wondering where your legs will take you. I wish I could tell you I ran the whole time, but I'm not that good. My legs are short so I tire easily. But I have managed to keep a good pace.

Saturday I ran 11:06 minute miles and Sunday I ran 10:46 (I think) minute miles. Impressive when you consider I run as fast as I can walk! HA Both days I traveled over 3.5 miles.

As soon as I got in from my run yesterday I easily could have turned around and gone back out again. But I know I need to keep myself from getting injured so I stayed put....for now.

Tonight I plan to go on a long bike ride since I need to give my running legs a bit of a break. I plan to go about 5 miles tonight.

This running stuff isn't so bad. However ask me again in another month when I've hopefully made it to 5/6 miles! That's when I'm sure I'll start cursing like a sailor.

So far this journey isn't so bad. It's definately helped me to clear my head and find some peace with the issues I have in my life. There's something so powerful about doing something you never thought you could do.

Anything is possible. You just have to believe it.

8 comments:

ModernMom said...

I am so impressed! I have just started reading a book called Run Like A Mother and it had me thinking I may actually e able to take up running..okay maybe not running, but slow jogging?
Yeah you!

gayle said...

I too am impressed!! I can't run...never could!! I am trying to work out more!! Keep up the good work!!

Terra said...

It sounds like your new exercise regime is off to a great start. You are wise to mix it up, and mix running, walking and biking.
I read some of your older posts too and there is a lot going on at your house!

Allison said...

So impressed with you!!! I've NEVER been able to run, no matter how skinny or in shape I was, so I'm always jealous of runners. That's fabulous! Keep it up!

LV said...

What you are doing is great. However, you need to be careful and not overdo it. It does not take you long to poop out when you are not used to it. I have got to get back into walking. I used to walk four miles a day, but not now.

Mandy said...

Go you! You are such an inspiration!

謝詩涵 said...

很用心的blog,推推哦 ........................................

Colleen said...

You know I'm super proud of you! :) You are doing amazing and I see great things coming soon! :)