Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Potential

I my friends, have an interview on Friday! I'm trying not to jinx myself by talking about it too much, but if I blog about it am I really talking too much about it??

It all happened so fast. On Thursday a dear work/blog/chatboard friend passed along my resume to a hiring manager in an area she is familiar with. And low and behold, the hiring manager must have seen something because yesterday he scheduled an interview with me!

The last time I interviewed in person was almost 8 years ago! I did a phone interview last year but those to me are so easy. I can hang up on them if the interview doesn't go the way I planned. HAHAHA But during a face to face I can't excuse myself to go to the bathroom and never return....kind of like a blind date. :)

I'm nervous because this is a step up for me. It's the next level in my career....it's more money, it's more responsibility, it's less technical than what I do now, and more project managerish. I'm stoked, freaked out, excited, and worried. Worried that I won't be what he's really looking for.

So keep those fingers crossed. The interview is scheduled for 3pm on Friday.....and I can tell you that right after the interview, LW and I are going to the nearest bar for a drink.

I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

ModernMom said...

Fingers crossed and best of luck!!!

Allison said...

You're going to wow them! Good for you for taking this step and at least exploring other opportunities in your career--congratulations on that alone! Will be thinking of you on Friday! Good luck!

Liz said...

Yay Danica! Lots of luck!! :)

LV said...

I wish you only the best with your interview. Just relax, and it may be a better position , but go with the attitude if it works out fine and if not I still have a good job. Just be yourself.

Mandy said...

Good luck! I know you'll do great!

Simi said...

Kick butt tomorrow! I know you have it in you ;)

香君 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.