Friday, April 30, 2010

Interview

Well I had my interview.

Walked in there fairly confident; left there feeling like I failed myself.

I always get way too nervous. And when I get nervous I babble. And when I babble I become confused. And when I get confused I get light-headed. And when I get light-headed I freak the heck out!

I am capable of the job though. It’s a little of what I do now…liaison between the business and IT….project management in some capacity. It sounds exciting and rewarding, but on the flip side it sounds scary and not at all like what I had envisioned myself to be doing in 10 years.

I won’t be too disappointed if I didn’t get the job. But honestly I do want the job. I want to make a new name for myself….I want more money….I want more responsibility…..I want more accountability. Strange to say that, but it’s true.

I should know more in two weeks. He interviewed someone already this week and has about two interviews next week. After that point, I would meet with his boss and go from there. So could be another two weeks.

I hate waiting.

I’m no good at it.

I’d rather know right now if I’m a good fit or not.

I will say when I got up to walk away from him, I was embarrassed. I had on super high heels (remember I’m 5’1) and with my heels on, I was taller than the guy. Opppssss Hope that didn’t ruin my chances!

Let the waiting game begin……

8 comments:

ModernMom said...

I'm sure you did better then you thinkg. (and has someone who does a lot of interviewing, we expect nerves! I think it shows how much youw ant it.So try not to worry!)

Simi said...

lol
I am lauging my ass off at your spazztasticness! I love it.

Don't worry.. go with the flow.. i TOLD you it was a good fit for you, if you wanted to go down that path.. hehe.

Crossing fingers you hear GOOD news SOON!

LV said...

For you I am glad it is over. It is understandable most people do get nervous on interviews. Even though you would like to have the job, just remember it is not life or death that you get it. You have a job and there is always another time. You probably did better than you think. Think positive.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I used to be the interviewer and trust me, I was understanding as far as nerves went. I mainly listened for certain cues that were said and the experience on the resume. I also pictured the possible candidate working in that position.

Don't you worry...if it's meant to happen, even you being taller than the interviewer won't make a difference. (I hate waiting too.)

Fragrant Liar said...

Ugh, I hate job interviews! I'll bet you did better than you think. If you're a good fit for the job, I hope you get it. If you're not, well, not so much because I want to see you happy, and being in a job that doesn't fit is a miserable thing. Good luck!

And think about other things while you're waiting so you don't keep yourself in knots. It is just a job.

Julie said...

There's no doubt in my mind that you rocked the interview! I'll have my fingers crossed for you in the meantime! :)

Colleen said...

You make me smile with the high heels comment. If he doesn't choose you because of the shoes, he's dumb. Then again if he doesn't choose you for other reasons, he's dumb too.

I'm sure you did better than you think. Will keep my fingers crossed!

gayle said...

I do the same thing when I am nervous!! Good luck to you!!