Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Caught up...and I'm behind!

I'm struggling to keep up lately. More so because I've been in training all week and then tomorrow I have a work offsite meeting all day. Fun! The new job gig is keeping me busy. For those that don't know, I've moved into a new role at work...again. I'm now the test lead for the area. YAY Loving it and it's keeping me busy.

Today would have been my Mom's 70th birthday. I wish I could say it gets easier...because it doesn't. You just learn to live with it even though there's a piece of your heart missing. I wanted to go to the cemetary today, but not sure I'll make it with my crazy schedule. I do plan on going this weekend though.

Lauren is officially coming home. We haven't picked a date yet, but she's applied to college and is now looking for jobs.

My dad is postponing his trip home this summer. He's having a lot of medical tests run so I will be going out his way to take him to his doctor's appointments. Since his stroke he has not been the same. He's forgetful, tired, etc. So it's best if I just go out his way to help him get to his appointments. Plus we are planning his funeral. Ugh not a task I want to take on, but we need to get it planned so that I knows what he wants. More than likely he'll come out to Ohio in late summer, early fall.

I have our family pictures back from the photographer. I'm planning on trying to load them this evening. They turned out amazing!!!

We've had some senior picture drama with Lauren, so we'll be doing a re-shoot when we're out there next month. She's so excited! Turns out the photographer is also from a town (Pickerington) close to our house, so he's excited to shoot someone from his hometown. I can't wait to see how they turn out. The set her mom had taken were horrible....her mom did no research and we were left to choose from very few pictures and none were good. Lauren is so much more beautiful than the original photographer captured on camera. She deserves better so we're giving it to her. I can't wait to share them!!!

For now that's about it....I'm sorry I'm behind on blog reading but I do hope to get caught up over the weekend. LW will be at basketball camp, so I'll have a lot of free, alone time. I can't wait!

6 comments:

Julie said...

You are a busy girl. Can't wait to see the family photos!

Happy birthday to your Mom. I know what it's like missing someone that way, and you're right, you learn to live with your new normal, but there is always something missing. Six years later I can cry at the drop of a hat thinking how much I miss my sister....

LV said...

Time helps, but memories will always be there. I am a pro at this. You need to slow down and smell the roses before you get too tired. Hank in there and take care while I am gone.

Trisha R Jackson said...

(((hugs))). You are one of the strongest women I know. God deals you with some really awful cards. I envy your strength.

gayle said...

My mom died in 1968 and my dad in 1998. It is always sad and sometimes harder than others!!

少菁 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ModernMom said...

Oh you are a busy girl! I love to have family portraits done and your post has reminded me how way over due we are in doing just that!