Thursday, March 25, 2010

So much so fast.....

Every day since Lauren has been home she's texted me.

Every day since Lauren has been home she's called and talked to Dad.

She wants to come home.

So this weekend LW and I are going to find out what the application deadline is for her to attend Ohio University.

She wants to come home in a bad bad way.

BUT can she leave Craig (the boyfriend)? We've told her he is allowed to visit, but cannot under any circumstances live with us (she has asked several times).

It remains to be seen if she will be coming home. I predict she will. So does LW. Kass, we haven't really told her as to not get her hopes up.

Lauren told me the other day that she has waited SO LONG to see her Dad happy and to be a part of a happy family.

That my friends is the reason why I was meant to find LW.

I was meant to show those girls love, respect, happiness, friendship and to be what their Mother's aren't to them (that part I'm still trying to figure out).

I want my new family all together under one roof.

And soon it just may happen.

It's scary.

It's NOT going to be easy.

But we will make it work.

Happiness for all.....straight ahead! CHOO CHOO

12 comments:

Julie said...

How exciting! I hope she can come home...make sure to keep us posted! :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Has Lauren been with her boyfriend for long? Hope it's one of those not so serious romances so that she will be open to living with you all.

That would be wonderful!!

Kaylea said...

Danica-- I went to OU-- i loved it! What does Lauren want to study? Would she go to Athens? Or one of the regional campuses?

LV said...

I hope your dreams all come true. There will always be bumps in the road, you just have to try and miss them. Take care,

Homesick Cajun said...

I hope she makes the decision to move there with y'all boo!!

ModernMom said...

Oh what a joy. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, what an adventure you will have:)

Simi said...

thats so HUGE!!! Wish you guys luck! :)

Sue said...

Wow, that's amazing Danica! You must have had a huge impact on her.

I've always wondered what she's doing in Arizona to begin with. I don't know if you've covered it. Is her Mom there?

Best of luck! I know you'll make it work, and I agree with your "no boyfriend" policy all the way!

Danica said...

@ Sue I will try to remember to post the Lauren story as to why she's in AZ. It's complicated.

@ Kalyea Lauren wants to become a nurse so I'm not sure what kind of nursing program they have there. We need to look into that as well. Lauren's Mom is a nurse. But yes she wants to go to Athens. :-)

@CCD she has been with Craig for over a year. She's madly in love with him and even wears a promise ring. So this will be a big decision for her. We've left it up to her but will support anyway we can, BUT under no circumstances will he live with us. He can come to Ohio to live and be with us for holidays, birthdays, weekend visits, etc, but he may not live with us. We still have an 11 year old at home who needs us to be positive role models for her.

Julie said...

Good for you! I hope it all works out!!!

Colleen said...

That would be fantastic Danica. You are such a good role model for these ladies which from the sound of it, it something they desperately need and want. :) I hope that everything works out.

gayle said...

Omg you sound so wonderful!! Sure wish my step mother had been like you!!