Wednesday, March 31, 2010

No breaky breaky!

Best news ever....

I went to Urgent Care last night becauase I couldn't take the pain in my rib area any longer. I'm sure the doctor thought I was a nut when I described what I had done even though I really couldn't remember (a picture is worth a thousand words!).

After the cute x-ray guy was finished with me, I waited for the doctor. And he told me, I have a bad internal bruise in the rib area. WOOT WOOT He gave me some good pain meds, patted me on the back and sent me on my way.

And today I feel great! Better than I have in 10 days!!!! I slept like a champ too.

So right now I am on the road to recovery. It could be 6 weeks before I'm totally healed up, but honestly I feel good today so I can't imagine it will take that long.

What a huge sigh of relief.

9 comments:

Eternally Distracted said...

Phew... A friend broke a rib and looked for months like they were in agony... I recently broke my toe and I'm sure that hurts most ;0))

Allison said...

Yay!! So glad it isn't broken and that the pain meds are able to help you feel better!

Julie said...

Yay! I'm happy that you'll start to feel better soon! It's too nice outside to be stuck in pain! :)

Vegas Linda Lou said...

That's good news, alright, but enough already! You can only take so much!!!

LV said...

They say laughter is good for the soul, but in your case they were wrong. Be careful taking all that pain medicine. I do not want anything else to happen to you.

Trisha R Jackson said...

Oh good. (((hugs)))

RainGardener said...

Glad to hear it was just a bruise although 'just' a bruise really hurts huh? And glad you're feeling better. Now, don't try and do too much because ya feel better.
Thanks so much for stopping by and seeing me and my hummers!

ModernMom said...

Rib pain is the worst! I wish I didn't know, but I do. So.Speaking as someone who know all too well. Even when you start to feel better. TAKE IT EASY. Ribs are tricky little suckers. Be good to yourself. Feel better my friend:)

gayle said...

Glad you are feeling better!!