Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Monday

Monday is the day I FINALLY go back to work.

I went to the doctor yesterday and everything went well. However I'm still a tad bit swollen which is something she didn't expect. UGH So here I sit with a heating pad on my stomach. Good news is though...I DID NOT GAIN WEIGHT WHILE I WAS OFF!! OMG I wanted to do cartwheels. I weighed exactly what I weighed when I went into surgery. I can't tell you how scared I was that I was going to gain the weight back that I had worked so hard to lose before surgery. Such a great feeling!!!!!

I'm now on an estrogen patch. Kind of nice since I only have to change the patch twice a week. So far I'm seeing small changes...hot flashes aren't as often and I actually got some sleep last night. I'm on a super low dosage so hopefully I won't need to bump up to the next dosage level. Will depend on how I do in the next six weeks.

While at the doctor she deeply apologized to me for the mistake the hospital made in putting me on the maternity floor. She said in all of her years of doing hysterectomy's she has NEVER had a patient be put on the maternity floor. It was an accident. I get it. But I DID receive great care and had a private room. I'm told that if I would have gone to the regular floor I would have had to have shared a room with someone and the care wouldn't have been as attentive. I don't think I could have shared a room. I was going through something so personal and so hard that I cried so much while I was alone. But I'm happy my doctor apologized. It all worked out for the best, even if it was hard for me to walk by the nursery on my walks.

All in all I'm doing good. Not 100% but nothing close to what I was when I was finished with surgry. And I am HAPPY to report that my pre-surgery pain is GONE!!!!!! What a relief.

I made the right choice.

I CAN live with this decision the rest of my life knowing I did the right thing.

I'm speechless.

11 comments:

Liz said...

Monday isn't that far away. It'll give you an extra few days to rest and relax. Way to go on keeping off the weight! And I'm thrilled to hear your pain is gone. Knowing how much pain you went through before makes your decision seem like you did the best thing, even with all the other suckiness that comes with the surgery.

Can't wait to see you back at work!

Julia said...

SO happy to hear that your pain is gone and you are almost 100% better! Keep it up!

Kim and Dave said...

Good for you, Danica! I'm thinking of you.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

That's the best part about all of this...you're not feeling the pre-surgery pain anymore!

So glad that the news was great AND the doctor recognized and apologized for having you on the maternity floor.

Julie said...

It sounds like things are going well! I'm glad the doctor apologized to you. When I first heard that, I couldn't believe they put you on the maternity floor. Thank goodness it was just a mix-up and not their normal practice. Now, keep on healing! :)

ModernMom said...

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better.
Don't push yourself too hard when you go back to work next week!

Homesick Cajun said...

I know you're happy about going back to work! It sounds like you're doing really good boo! I'm glad they gave you a patch and not a pill, I don't think the patches are as the pills were for me!

Best of luck on Monday!

Simi said...

it's so great to hear your feeling better! I can "feel" it in your post! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!!!

I missed reading your bloggie; getting back into the swing of it ;)

LV said...

Getting back to work will be good for you. Keeps your mind off of yourself. We sometime have to go through pain to open another door where things are better. Take care.

Julie said...

Getting caught up on my blog reading. Happy Friday!!!!

gayle said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Monday is tomorrow..hope you have a good day. Take it slow. How wonderful that you didn't gain!!!