Monday, March 29, 2010

Appearances

I’ve been avoiding plugging in my camera and downloading the photos on it.

Why?

Because on there were 200 pictures taken at my annual St. Patrick’s Day bash. This was my eighth year to throw it and I swear, every year it gets bigger and bigger! So many good friends and family came out to help us celebrate.

But before you ask…no I am NOT Irish. I have always just loved the month of March and loved St. Patty’s Day. Maybe at one time in my past life I was Irish or attracted to an Irish man. Who knows. But I love St. Patty’s Day.

I always decorate my house, make tons of food and Jell-O shots and invite a gaggle of people over. We drink, we laugh, we visit, we relax. But this year…..I drank so much that I honestly can’t remember half of the night.

How disappointing!!!

I never ever drink like that any more. Once I hit 30 I couldn’t drink like that anymore nor did I ever want to drink like that, but I think for some unknown reason, I let loose this year.

So much so that I believe I have a cracked rib!!!! The party was well over a week ago and here I still sit contemplating if I should go to the Urgent Care and get checked out. Although I know that not much can be done with a cracked rib. ::sigh:: Stupidity.

I’ll never understand why I inflicted such torture on myself. Really? Who wants to wake up with a killer hangover. And who in their right mind wants to be reminded about the things they said or did that night but never remember. UGH Never again folks. I’m writing this down….never again will I drink that much!!!!

I’d post pictures but it’s almost a waste. I look horrible in them (my friends always look great though – I did post some to FB). Besides the fact that I drank so much, I’m just plain fat. Even though I haven’t gained but 1.5 pounds since I’ve returned to work, I’m still frustrated with my looks. I honestly am 3 sizes bigger than I use to be and about 25 pounds heavier.

It’s sad. I’m healed from my surgery but now I have a jacked up rib. So I can’t run because I can’t breathe!!! I’m so frustrated. But I went ahead and bought new running shoes this weekend and I will be walking in them this week. I may not be able to get my run on but I will work on getting my legs stretched and moving again. And of course I’m tracking my food intake again.

I have got to be happy with my appearance again. My attitude has changed and I feel fantastic…but now it’s time for my attitude to match my appearance. I’m even thinking about changing my hair color to a dark brown. But we’ll see.

Stay tuned. Things are gonna be changing fast.

9 comments:

Homesick Cajun said...

Girl I'm sure you look wonderful! I'm heavier now than ever...makes me sick lol! You need to add me to your FB! Shoot me an email!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I hear you!! Those are my exact sentiments. But you do have the right attitude and that will go a long way!

Love the blog look!

Julie said...

The pics from the party on FB were awesome! I'm so bummed that I missed it! Not to mention, I'm bummed that I didn't get the chance to see you so blitzed that you cracked a rib! ;)

Hope you feel better soon!

Mandy said...

You looked as pretty as always in your pics!

I bet you'd be stunning with dark hair! It would really make your eyes stand out!

gayle said...

How in the world did you crack your rib?...with the jello shots :0-

I am so much happier when I am smaller but it has been so hard to lose weight this time around!

Good luck!

LV said...

What you are drinking probably is not good for weight loss. Take care.

Tooj said...

Oh that feeling....people telling you what you did. I hate it. I'm with you. :)

I hope you get to feeling better....that cracked rib can't be any fun. And don't be so hard on yourself, the weather is perking up and so should you!

Fragrant Liar said...

You're being so HARD on yourself! Stop that!

That said, I'm totally with you on renewing and making changes. Sometimes you just need to do different things to keep from feeling stagnant. And changes are FUN! They WILL affect your attitude. Just make sure you're nurturing not only your outside but your inside. Be kind to yourself.

And next time, sip on a drink and take notes so you can tell the drunks all the dumb things they did. And blog about it, natch.

Trisha R Jackson said...

I'm bummed to have missed it! Next year, I'll have a babysitter and won't schedule a Tastefully Simple party