Thursday, February 11, 2010

She's coming home!!!

Lauren texted me last night:

"U think dad would fly me out there for my spring break?"

Me: "Not sure. You should ask dad. :)"

Lauren: "I was just wondering cause I don't wanna be stuck here. It's boring without my true family."

Me: "Look up flights and then call dad."

So she found the flights, called daddy and daddy is flying her home for spring break! She'll be here March 12th through March 19th.

I AM BEYOND EXCITED!!! I have yet to meet Lauren. The last time she was in Ohio, LW and I were newly dating and he didn't want to introduce us until he was more serious. Good dad!

So now she'll be home and I can't wait to wrap my arms around her and tell her in person how much I love her and how very proud I am of her. She's such a beautiful, thoughtful child.

Right now I'm working on arranging a photography session for the four of us. I can't wait to have our true family picture taken. It makes me so teary eyed to think that we will all be together soon. Even though I never gave birth to those children, I can't tell you how much I really love them. There are many days when I wish they were mine. But none the less, I am one lucky girl.

We're keeping it a surprise from Kassidy though. I can't wait to see her little face light up as soon as she sees her. Kassidy misses Lauren like crazy. And of course we were all counting down the days until we saw Lauren graduate in May. So I thankful, we get more time together this year....at home.

10 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm so excited for you all too! That is going to be one heck of a surprise for Kassidy. How will you even keep it a secret? I'd be bursting at the seams.

She's going to adore you face to face as she already does.

Liz said...

Aw yay!! I'm so beyond thrilled for you!!!

Julie said...

That's great....

Simi said...

That is so awesome Danica!! Gives you something to look forward to!! YAYAYAYAY!!!

ModernMom said...

Oh this really is exciting news! yeah you!

gayle said...

Exciting news!!!

Stacy said...

Wonderful news, I am excited for you!

hopefuls #1 said...

This is awesome!

I left you something on my blog...

LV said...

I am glad to now you are finding happiness in the girls and LW.

Colleen said...

WOO HOO!!!!