Monday, February 8, 2010

Cards and Snow!

Before my surgery I sat down and hand made all of my Valentine's Day cards this year. I made cards for Kassidy, Lauren, LW, my dad, LW's mom and since my sister's wedding anniversary is on Valentine's Day, I made her an anniversary card.

I really love how they all turned out! I only wish every card I made had this kind of touch to them.








So for those of you that do celebrate, "Happy Valentine's Day". We really don't celebrate however this year I am asking that LW take Kassidy and I to lunch. We went out yesterday and got the girls a little something from Bath and Body Works as every little girl loves that stuff! I ended up getting LW an OSU sweatshirt and OSU nylon jog pants since he just loves being comfy.

So on to the snow....

Last Friday Ohio got a good old fashioned snow fall!

Here is a picture taken out back of my house. Look at the snow blowing side ways!


And here is LW shoveling in his dress clothes and bad tennis shoes. Poor guy, left work early to beat the bad drivers home. HA


And of course it snowed a little more over night, so the next morning LW had to shovel the driveway again. God I love that man! Ever since we had to fire our plow company for damaging our garage door, LW has had to take over duty. And since I can't help out because of my surgery, he's faced to do it alone. Usually I don't mind. But this year is out for me.




Tuesday and Wednesday we are suppose to get a lot more snow in Ohio...ah good times. Personally I can't wait. But then again I get to sit on my hind end and enjoy it while others are out driving in and shoveling it.

Happy Snow Days!

12 comments:

Liz said...

Love the cards! I think the third one is my favorite. Fabulous job :)

How cute is LW out there shoveling? :)

Danica said...

Ah that's the card that I made for Kassidy. I hope she likes it!!!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm so envious. I wish I could make something half as gorgeous as you can! I love them all but the 4th one is beautiful.

Maybe you can hire a neighbor's kid to do the shoveling???

It looks cold but nothing like snuggling together in it.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Those are beautiful cards, Danica! Snow... no thank you, sister! That is one thing I certainly don't miss!

Julie said...

Pretty new blog layout! I like it! Your cards are gorgeous, of course!

Julie said...

PS. Thanks for putting my button on your blog!!!!

Danica said...

@CCD - that is LW's card!!!

@Julie - no problem sista!

LV said...

You do an excellent work on your cards. You should make that an on the side job. When someone takes the time to personally make something, to me it has a much deeper meaning. Take care and stay warm.

Julia said...

Love the cards! I wish I had that kind of creativity and patience. Good job!

Tooj said...

This winter can beat it. Seriously.

You are too good at all this craft and card making. Sickens me, woman. Seriously. But I might have to revisit posts just to get ideas if I ever get the time and inclination to go that far. Well, let me rephrase...I'd love to sit and take the time, but whether or not the boys will allow it between arguments is another story.

Emily said...

Your cards turned out great!!! Good job!!

gayle said...

I love your cards!! My youngest does cards!!