Thursday, January 28, 2010

One week post op.

It's hard to believe I'm one week into having my surgery. Last week if you would have asked me I would have thought I would have been more down and out than what I am. I'm working hard to keep my mental focus positive. It's hard but I have zero choice and will NOT feel sorry for myself. I've had great visits with friends, phone calls and texts from friends and family, so I've had no time to really think about the saddness this whole event could cause. Good for me for not letting it all get to me!

I've put myself on a schedule. You have to or you will go crazy. I'm taking it easy the best I know how. I'm learning Sudoku, watching old Roseanne reruns, watching movies and trasy TV, fixing my computer slowly, blogging, reading blogs and trying to dive into a book.

I find the scariest time is when I have to shower. I don't like looking down at a line of stitches in my stomach. They scare the bezeebes out of me! I have one more week until I have to remove the steri strips and when that day comes, LW will be helping me because I'm sure I'll be a big baby about it.

Tomorrow I am going to try to venture out to a friends house for Bunco. I'm excited and nervous. I haven't been out of the house in a week! Stay tuned for how that goes.

Other than that, I'm trudging forward. The only thing that would make my time off better is a huge snow storm that would keep LW home with me! :-) Nothing is better than being cooped up at home watching the snow fall. A girl can dream. :-)

8 comments:

Allison said...

So glad you're doing pretty well! I've been thinking tons about you. Are you going to drive to Bunco? That part sounds scary--I wasn't allowed to drive for a few weeks after my C-section. Oh, and I've watched SO many Roseanne reruns over the last 6 months...they're on day and night!!!

Julie said...

Sounds like you're doing great. Wanna have dinner with Elizabeth and me Weds the 3rd at Asian Gourmet?

Homesick Cajun said...

I wish you luck on the snow! Sounds like you're doing really well!

LV said...

So glad you are doing okay. No surgery is ever easy, but sometimes we have to do it and bear. I a sure you are stronger than you think. Take care.

Tooj said...

I hope that you enjoy your time out of the house....be slow and cautious and take it easy on yourself. :) Your body will slowly become "you" again....just changed. But we're all inevitably going to be changing....just remember that. Happy weekend to you!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I know you're going stir crazy but take it slow...really slow because you don't want to have any setbacks.

Glad to hear that you are healing well.

Danica said...

Allison no I'm not allowed to drive so I have people picking me up kind of thing. UGH

Julie I'd love dinner but someone has to pick me up. LOL I can't drive for another week or two. :-(

黃金獵犬 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.