Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 Goal Recap

Back in December I set 10 goals I wanted to accomplish in 2010. Now that the first month is over I thought I would re-write a couple and fill you in on the rest. :-)


1. Train to run a half marathon

I was doing great until surgery. Was up to running/walking 2 miles a day. So in 5 more weeks I'll be able to get back to working out. Boo to surgery taking me out for a bit!!!


2. I’m going to have my nails removed.

Okay as much as I wanted to do this, I just can't. I love my nails and I love my nail lady!!! LOL So I'm going to replace this goal with going sky diving. I WILL go sky diving this year!


3. Take one vacation instead of two.

This one is still on track. We are taking one family vacation with Kassidy to Arizona. And then some small weekend trips here and there. We will be in Paris next year!


4. Spend more time crafting gifts and cards.

So far I have hand made all of my birthday cards, anniversary cards, sympathy cards and Valentine's Day cards.


5. Take more classes to work towards my second bachelors degree.

I am unable to go while I am on medical leave from work. I think I might not go back until the fall so that I can focus on running, but I will take a class or two more this year.


6. Not purchase a single pair of pants/shorts/capris (other than PJs – a secret obsession of mine) until I have lost at least 8-10 pounds.

So far I haven't purchased any clothes this year! I did get Ugg slippers from LW as my surgery gift. Greatest slippers ever!!!!


7. Spend more time in the gym with the weights.

I was doing great before surgery. So I'll be back on track in 5 weeks.


8. Pack my lunch every day but once/twice in a month (we have team lunches or birthday lunches at least once a month).

I think I only went to lunch three times in January and that's mostly because people wanted to see me before my surgery. Good to go here!!!


9. Not purchase a new car!

No new car here!!!


10. Track my spending.

I've been monitoring my spending and doing well.


So it seems I'm not as bad as I thought. This blog will certainly keep me honest!

Happy end of January!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Heck YES you're going skydiving!!! WOOO!! I can't wait to take you!!

Colleen said...

I love that you keep revisiting your goals! :) You're already doing awesome!

gayle said...

That's a great idea!

LV said...

You will do fine. Hang in there and glad you are doing better.

Tooj said...

Oh, a monthly recap of goals is a very good idea! :) We'll watch you stay in check and secretly wish we had the gumption to do it ourselves. Of course, that would require setting goals in the first place.

Homesick Cajun said...

My (darling) hubby got me a pair of the Ugg boots a couple of years ago, if I could sleep in them...I would!

Hope you're feeling better!

texas math said...

I love the idea that if a goal doesn't work out...just change it!