Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kassidy makes me laugh!

That child is so funny. I swear if you knew us you would think she was my daughter. She has the same thoughts and feelings as me and she also has the same tender heart...always thinking of others. I can only hope that I am some kind of positive influence in her life.

But last night she called my cell phone (which LW never gave her my number so I can only guess that she got my cell phone number from Lauren - her sister) to ask me when my birthday is. She said she is doing a project for school. Really? She wanted to include me? That made me feel so good. Like we really were a family. Then no more than two minutes later she calls me back to ask me when Boots and Boomer's birthday's are. I could not stop laughing. She was so cute. She couldn't understand that I didn't know the days they were born, only the months and years. HA! She just loves 'her cats' as she likes to call them. She reminds me every time we have her how they are her cats. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

I love being a family. I'm sad I can't have my own, but I'm grateful to have Kassidy and Lauren. Both of them remind me just how special life really is. I have so much to be happy about.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Julie said...

You *are* a family, honey. And a good one at that!

Liz said...

You're an awesome momma :)

Simi said...

That is really cute and heart warming :)

erinann said...

that's awesome. no one deserves it more than you!
i still think you're are the nicest person i know! :)