Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookie Exchange

Tonight I have a cookie exchange with 11 other girls. I'm so excited to taste their creations and just hang out with my girls. The guys will also be doing a beer exchange, which is funny when I look back. I told LW he had to bring 1 six pack of beer for every guy attending. Can you imagine bringing 11 six packs of beer to a party and going home with 11 six packs? Oy. Turns out, he has to bring 1 bottle of beer for every guy. Now that sounds better!!

My cookies leave much to be desired. I had perfect intentions and failed miserably. The instructions said that the dough makes 3 dozen cookies. So I doubled the recipe twice so I would have 12 dozen. Not too bad. When all was said and done I had 8 dozen cookies!!! :( I must have made some cookies far too big. I know some cookies bit the dust early on as these are very fragile cookies (peppermint candy canes).

Thankfully earlier I made white/milk chocolate chip cookies, so when I bagged my cookies for the exchange I bagged some candy cane cookies and some white/milk chocolate chip cookies. I suppose it's the thtought that counts, but boy did I royally screw up! Next year I'm going to stick with easy, less time consuming cookies. My hands hurt from scooping and twisting dough all morning.

At any rate, I can't wait to come home with 11 dozen cookies to share with my family this holiday.

However I just may steal LW's beer. I could use a drink right now!

6 comments:

Liz said...

I'm sure they taste awesome! And it'll be fun to actually get TWO different kinds from you instead of one! I had issues with my bread...it kept getting big holes in the middle due to the pans I was using :( But I still wrapped them anyway so you'll just have to deal with it! LOL

Julie said...

Oh, I love cookie exchanges!!!! I haven't been part of one for a couple of years now....

LV said...

Perhaps your cookies may not be to your liking, but think of all the fun you will have. Have a great holiday season.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I love the cookie and beer exchange idea. Nothing like having something for the guys to share.

I can't wait to hear about all the cookies that you received! Yum!!

ModernMom said...

Oh i miss our old Cookie exchange! My kids are stick with dozens and dozens of the same kind of cookie:)

LV said...

Thanks for taking time from your holiday activities to visit me today. Wishing you the best for the New Year. You and Julia be good.