Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Parties

This weekend is the start of several Christmas parties I'll be attending. I'm so excited to see old friends, meet new friends, and have just an all around great time.

Tonight I start off at a party with my local chat board girls. I'm so excited and so appreciative that Erin is opening her home to a gaggle of girls. Should be a fantastic time. Some of the girls attending have become such wonderful, special friends to me. I love them all dearly! I'm also looking forward to meeting new friends.

Tomorrow my neighbor is having her 2nd Annual James Christmas Bash. LW will not be able to join Kassidy and I as he will be in PA officiating a college basketball game. Kassidy and I will still have a great time though. All of the neighbor kids just adore her. It melts my heart to see Riley, who is 5, come running up to Kassidy for hugs every time she sees her. That's what Christmas is about...friends, family, love, respect, laughter.

Next week my team and I will be delivering goodies to our two adopt-a-families. We all worked so hard to pull off this event. Prior to the event though, our team is having our annual holiday pot-luck. I'm looking forward to mingling with my co-workers and spreading cheer to our adopt-a-families. I love the spirit of Christmas.

There are more parties to come and I'm sure I'll tell you all about them.

The days are drawing closer to the second year without my Mom. December 29th is the anniversary of her passing. It won't be an easy day, but in my heart I know she's in a better place. My sister saved the wreath I laid on her grave last year from us kids. I'm so happy she did so that every year we can go back and lay that very same wreath on her grave. This year though, my great-niece (yes I have a niece who has a daughter) and sister (her granddaughter is my great-niece) added additional decorations to the wreath and placed it on my Mom's grave the week after Thanksgiving. I'm anxious to see how it turned out. They took pine cones from my Mom's old tree in her back yard. This year the wreath will have an extra special touch. I love it.

In the spirit of the holidays I hope everyone takes time to remember those that are serving our country (my sister's step son is overseas in Iraq) and can't be with their families. I also hope we take time to give to those in need.....time, money, prayers, laughter, support, whatever you can do.

Happy Holiday Season friends!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Can't wait to see you tonight! Thank you for the beautiful card!!!!

Danica said...

Smooches! Can't wait to see you either Julie!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

So much going on for you but it all sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing about the festivities.

LV said...

Glad your are out and about and enjoying your life. Just be careful, as I want you to be able to visit me again.

Julie said...

I hope you had a blast at the Nestie party! I so wish I could've been there to meet some new people and celebrate the holidays. Have fun at the rest of your get togethers!

Tooj said...

While you've lost...you have certainly gained and maintained, my friend. Keep the spirit lively and enjoy yourself.