Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

So here we have it. My Christmas post. I'm slightly behind as I have been sick this past week. Wish I was closer to being on the mend, but I'm not. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be.

The Monday before Christmas I attended a cookie exchange. Below are the goodies that were shared. There were a lot of wonderful cookies. And I hate to say it, we still have left overs!



Next we had Christmas Eve at my niece's house. We had a wonderful time. Kassidy was unable to be with us for the party, but she did stay Christmas Eve at our house.



Of course on Christmas Eve we always get new PJ's. LW's were so funny. Not sure how well you can see them, but on his PJ bottoms are snowmen that are officials. Of course they are football officials, but none the less...they are officials! Kass and I couldn't resist.





Finally we have Christmas morning. Miss Kassidy didn't wake us up until after 7am. Talk about being in shock. She insisted that she would be waking us up at 5am! She told me she was up at 5am, but didn't wake us up. If I was her age, I would have been done opening my presents by 7am. We had such a fun time. I have never done the whole Christmas/Santa thing with kids before. It was tiring, but so worth it to see her face. I know this is her last year to believe, but I will never stop leaving surprises from Santa for the girls.

In one of the pictures below you will see Kassidy doing her iPod dance. That child was so thrilled to get an iPod for Christmas. It's always so much fun watching her get excited...and appreciate all that we do for her. That's the best gift ever.






For those wondering, NO LW did not propose. But that's okay he got me the two best gifts that I was dying for....black Ugg boots and a James Patterson book, "I, Alex Cross." And of course he threw in a beautiful diamond necklace. Imagine my face when I saw "he went to Jareds." I did have the best Christmas ever.

I will close with our family picture. Last year was our first Christmas together so I took a picture of all three of us together. I decided to make it an annual tradition. It's so fun to watch how we have changed. Especially Kassidy who is growing into such a beautiful young lady. I am so blessed!

Of course I can't forget our two furry family members...Boots and Boomer.





Happy New Year my friends. I'll see you in the new year.

5 comments:

SaraBelle said...

Looks like a great Christmas, Danica! I hope you are feelng better, soon! We've been sick off & on since Oct -- it sucks!

Happy New Year!

Sara (aka the former "beefsbride") :)

LV said...

Trust you will soon be on the mend. No times is good to be sick, but definitely not during the holidays. So glad you had a great Christmas and that Santa was so good to you. Take care till next time.

Liz said...

Fabulous pictures! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas. I'm thrilled for you that your life has turned out the way it has!! Thank you for letting me be a part of it :)

Julie said...

Looks like a good time was had by all!!!!

Tooj said...

It looks like a fabulous Christmas morning. :) It's so apparent from how you write, what you take pictures of, and the things you do that you truly love where you are right now. Of course life has its ups and downs, but you're in a good place...it just FEELS like it from what you share. :)

Congrats on a great Christmas celebration and great new year wishes to you!