Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Year in Review

Thanks to Julie and Liz I have to fill this out again this year. So here goes my 2009 year in review!

What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Had a child live with me for the summer.

Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really make resolutions, I work on goals.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few friends.

Did anyone close to you die?
No one really close to me, but my BFF lost her dear grandmother and I loved her dearly. My cousin however just lost her son yesterday morning. I didn't know him because they live so far away, but from what I understand he was a wonderful young man.

What countries did you spend time in this year?
Mexico and USA

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A better job.
A better understanding of myself.
And a ring for goodness sake. LOL

What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 9th - LW and I celebrated one year of dating with a trip to Mexico.
June 6th - the day LW told me that Kassidy would be staying all summer with us.

What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Learning how to parent someone else's child. It's such a tough job.

Being offered a position at work to lead the testing integration of an application. Beyond thrilled to be the lead for this project.

What was your biggest failure?
Letting myself go in the weight department.

Did you suffer any serious injury or illness?
Besides coming home from Mexico with Montazuma's Revenge, I can't think of anything.

What was the best thing you bought?
Stuff for the girls. Nothing makes me happier than buying stuff for Kassidy and Lauren.

For me personally, probably my Cricut.

Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I'd have to say LW. He has been so supportive and we have talked through everything together. I think he realizes just how much I do for him and the girls and how much I truly love the three of them. They are my world.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and/or depressed?
It makes me sad that my family, who all said they would stop smoking after my mom died, are still smoking. I wish they would quit.

Where did most of your money go?
Kassidy and Lauren! I'd buy anything for those girls. And crafting supplies!

Compared to this time last year, are you,
a) happier or sadder? The last part of the year was hard for me since I have to accept that I will be having a hysterectomy, but for the most part I was a happy girl.

b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. And I have no one to blame but myself.

c) richer or poorer? Neither rich nor poor.

What did you get really, really excited about?
Going on vacation with the family to Disney. There is something so special about seeing a 10 year olds eyes light up when they cross the gates into the Disney compound.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I would have gotten better at using my Nikon D40. I feel like I didn't spend enough time learning the tricks of using the camera.

Did you fall in love in 2009?
I fell deeper into love with LW. He's my world.

How many one-night stands?
LMAO um ya nope.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I have zero hate for people. There is one person who I dislike, but I don't hate people.

What was the best book you read?
The Twillight Series!

What did you want and not get?
An engagement ring. I still got time right? LOL

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was stuck at work late working on a production problem, but then after that, LW took me to dinner at the Ocean Club. Then he slide a tiny blue box across the table. A beautiful pair of Tiffany earrings were inside.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery and spending it on family and friends!

Who did you miss?
My mom. It stinks that she will never meet LW.

Who was the best new person you met?
Amy - she makes me want to craft!

Tell us a valuable life lesson(s) you learned in 2009.
Life is about lessons. You must learn from them. Patience is key. Also never ever respond to an email that makes you angry. Walk away. Then write a response. LOL

What sums up this year? (a word, a quote... ?)
Happiness straight ahead.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy New Year, babe! I hope 2010 brings you everything that you want!

Tooj said...

That's a good questionnaire. :) And you kept it honest, which is nice to read.

Parenting another person's child is so much harder than I thought it'd be as well, but you appear to have gotten adjusted very well. :) I'm so happy to HEAR that in your writing.

Have a wonderful "ring" in to 2010! Enjoy yourself.

Julie said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll get that ring soon! :)

LV said...

You laid it all on the line for us. I was pleased with you as I knew you from the blog, but now I know more about how you tick. It is hard sometimes to be patient, but we have to get what we want. There is a reason for everything, and when the right times comes you will get a ring. Time works out a lot of situations. Happy New Year and you and Julia be careful.