Thursday, November 19, 2009

Money!!!

If you don't know about my CEM mission (Cricut earning mission), then I must tell you! My friend Crystal and I started this project late summer I believe, where we would sell things to earn money to purchse our Cricut. Both of us cleaned out our homes to sell unwanted/unused items and of course Miss Crystal handmade some items too (check out her blog to see what she sells). I love her stuff!

Anyway, as luck would have it, I had sold some items and then the pot ran dry. No one was buying anything. At that point I had $192 put aside (however Crystal doesn't know this but I spent $81 of that stash because I didn't have cash on me a few days and I needed it because I just couldn't get to the bank - opps - but I've documented that I spent it and I owe it back to myself).

So last night LW handed me $200 in cash to complete the mission. BUT before you say, "You didn't earn it!", let me tell you this, I have earned EVERY penny of that $200 for driving his hiney all over town. See LW is without a car at the moment (very long story) so since AUGUST 16th we have been using my car only (thankfully we work together in the same building). So please, tell me I rightfully earned that money? I feel like I did because I have had to give up nights out with girlfriends (sorry I missed your birthday party Emily!), going to the gym, all so he could take my car and travel to basketball games that he was officiating. And some of those games were out of state so that meant that I spent Saturdays and Sundays home alone with no car and no where to go. In my mind, I earned that money!!!

The CEM has come to an end as of November 15th. That was our cut off. What that means was that if we didn't earn enough by that date that we would put the rest in the pot ourselves and just out right buy it. So that my friends is what is happening. On black Friday Crystal and I are heading to a local store to purchase it on sale (or so the BFA tells us!).

Wish us luck that we can find it on sale. Although I have enough to buy it now, I would sure like to buy it on sale and purchase a few cartridges with that money.

And just incase you don't know what a Cricut is....click here.

7 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I'm glad you explained...I had no idea what that was....but in my opinion....you earned it...every penny!

Allison said...

So stinking exciting!!!!! I have no need for one, but still want one. I can't wait to see what sort of things you end up making!

LV said...

I am not familiar with your cause, but sounds very worthy and you are doing a great job. You have earned whatever you get and more. You need not feel quilt at all. Have a good weekend.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Any cause that teaches patience while testing will power, is fabulous. I have no idea what it is your buying but by golly, Enjoy it. Take pics to clue in us clueless folks will you. Hugs. Tammy

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

It looks pretty neat and I can't wait to see what you create with it. It's going to be so much fun for you!

Colleen said...

You two are freaking funny! I totally think that you earned the $200 from LW! Heck, he should ante up and just pitch in the rest!

Trisha R Jackson said...

YAY!!