Friday, November 6, 2009

Baby Over Load

So it seems since I've decided to go forward with my hysterectomy that EVERYONE is either having their baby, about to have their baby or just announced that they are pregnant. It's like when you're single and all of your friends are either getting married, are married or found the greatest boyfriend ever (I remember those days!).

This weekend I have double baby over load. I will be attending a baby shower. Not ready for it emotionally, but you have to move forward when life throws you lemons. You gotta know how to make that lemonaide. And of course our neighbor just gave birth to baby number two, so we must stop over and coo at the baby and drop off gifts this weekend.

Does it hurt? You bet. Will I cry when I leave both events? Sure will. Will I survive? Yes because that's all one can do in my situation. Do I want people to feel sorry for me? Never. I just need to vent and blogging is a great place for that.

But I'm happy. I'm happy that Riley (she's 5 and cute as a button!) got a little brother (Welcome Wyatt - we love you!). And I'm happy that Staci is a few short weeks away from brining her baby girl into the world.

There IS a reason for this. While I'm still searching for that reason I can only think it has something to do with being there for Kassidy and Lauren. I couldn't have asked for two more beautiful, special girls in my life. And I look forward to being their step-mom one day. So for now that has to be enough. And it will be once I let myself.

Life is good. I am blessed. And soon I will be feeling so good! The whole purpose of the surgery is to remove the disease inside of me. For that moment, I cannot wait!

6 comments:

Tooj said...

And while some people are part of the "lemon throwing", they sincerely support your blog venting. And they also hope you know that while they may be given certain gifts that you have not received, your strength and trials have been a source of inspiration for things they might be dealing with in another realm of "life". There are many difficulties that we all must face, and watching determination like yours is helpful more than you know.

Julie said...

Stay strong, darlin. And when you can't be strong, I have wine.

Allison said...

((HUGS)) You're a good friend. I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

Julie said...

Come to my blog, now. I will brighten your day!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I have been in your shoes and like you, the little one that I longed for came in the form of Baby Boo. The girls are both so very luck to have a wonderful mommy like you. You are going to be an awesome step mommy.

tbonegrl said...

((HUG))

Thinking of you!