Monday, November 30, 2009

25 Days of Christmas

I got this from my fellow blogger, Simone. Stop by and pay her a visit. You're guaranteed to love her!


(1) What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Christmas Vacation! Hands down the best movie ever. I watch it every year on Christmas Eve. The very first time I saw it was with my Mom, so more so now it has special meaning to me.


(2) What is your LEAST favorite Christmas movie?

I'm not sure I really have a least favorite. Probably some of those random cartoons that make no sense.


(3) What is your favorite Christmas song?

O Holy Night sung by Celin Dion. I cry every time I hear it. It's my Dad's favorite song and it makes me miss him so much (he lives in Nevada). My dad has such a beautiful voice and I use to love to listen to him sing this song at church.


(4) What Christmas song(s) drives you crazy?

The Tweleve Days of Christmas. I can't stand it!!!!


(5) What is your favorite Christmas drink? (i.e. egg nog, hot chocolate)

Peppermint hot chocolate although I do drink it year round.


(6) What is your favorite Christmas memory?

The year my family was adopted by a group of people. They are the very reason why I give back to my community. It was strangers who gave us joy that year. Times were tough...we had no electricity and no running water at various times that year. The kindness of strangers allowed my parents to give us the most special Christmas of them all.


(7) What is the best toy/gift you've received on Christmas?

My parents saved like crazy to buy me a Cabbage Patch doll the year they came out. We had no money and that was the only thing I had ever wanted. My parents worked hard to be able to get me that doll.


(8) What is the worst toy/gift you've received on Christmas?

Flannel sheets by an ex-boyfriend. Really?


(9) What do you LOVE about the holidays?

I love helping people. I love giving to my community and I love the togetherness with family it helps create.


(10) What annoys you about the holidays?

People who think that Christmas is about how big of a present you get, or how much you spend. Christmas really should be less about gifts and more about Jesus and his birth. So many people forget that he is the reason for the season. And it really irks me the most when people write x-mas. Why is it so hard to write Christ???


(11) Do you prefer star or angel on top of a Christmas tree? Or something else?

A Boyds Bear angel.


(12) What is your family favorite recipe at Christmas?

We don't have one!


(13) Are you a Grinch or a Who at Christmastime?

I'm very much a Who. I wish people would stop buying gifts and going broke and just enjoy the season. The lights, the music, your family. Why must it be about a fancy car, or jewelry or video games?


(14) Christmas light displays - Love them or Hate them?

Love them. I love the beauty!


(15) Santas at the mall - Fun times or Creepy?

Creepy!! OMG I can't stand Santas at the mall. My parents did that to me once and I swore if I ever had kids they would not sit on that nasty man's lap!!! Seriously, do you know where that Santa has been?


(16) Christmas cards - do you send them, yes or no?

Yes and this year I made all 61 on them by HAND!


(17) What is the best thing about Christmas, in your opinion?

Church on Christmas Eve with my family. Nothing is more special then celebrating Jesus' birth.


(18) What is the worst thing about Christmas?

Putting up all of the decorations. It takes too long! LOL


(19) When do you put the tree up and take it down?

Put it up the day after Thanksgiving and take it down the day after Christmas.


(20) Out of the 12 days of Christmas, which day and item would you want your truelove to give to you?

None. I hate the 12 days of Christmas!


(21) Why do you think that Grandma got run over by a reindeer?

Because the reindeer weren't paying attention. HA HA Who knows but granny should get a move on it!


(22) Who is your favorite reindeer?

All of them. It takes team work to pull a sleigh!


(23) Do you believe in Santa Claus?

I believe in the spirit of Christmas, whether that be Santa or not. I believe in the magic of it all.


(24) What is your favorite smell at Christmastime?

Pine trees, sugar cookies, and that red plant that I can't think of at the moment!


(25) What would make you happy at Christmas this year?

Having one more Christmas with my Mom. She never got to meet LW or Kassidy and it makes me terribly sad she's not with us to see how happy I am.

6 comments:

ModernMom said...

LOL I love that Christmas Movie too..have to add in Home Alone after watching it with the kids last night. They laughed so hard.

From one Who to another..happy 26 days til Christmas!

Tooj said...

I wanted to sing you something from the 12 days, and then I read your #6. But since you still hated on the 12 days at the end....

12 drummers drumming
11 pipers piping
10 lords a leaping

:) Happy Monday!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I equate that song to lets say.. the wheels on the bus go round and round... or 100 bottle of bear on the shelf.. oy... grates my nerves!!

Love your list. Love the picture of the three of you on the side.
Happy Holidays to you and yorus. Hugs
Tammy

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Thank you...you're so very sweet! I'm glad you played along.

Wow, your parents knew just how much the cabbage patch meant to you. Do you still have her?

I agree that it's all about Christ!

Great answers.

Danica said...

@CCD - I still have that Cabbage Patch!!!! Every now and then I open the tote she is stored in to remember.

@Tooj - you are too freaking funny!!!!

Beth said...

Nice blog. Enjoyed playing it. Christmas season is almost here. As early as now I am starting to make a list of the persons I am going to give Christmas gifts. Ihampers.co.uk