Monday, October 12, 2009

So much going on!

There is just so much going on right now that I think I'm going to start posting on only certain days of the week....or going to only once a week...say on a Monday. However, the Gemini inside of me can't decide!

There are several things going on in my life that are keeping me busy.

- We have an extended family member who was diagnosed with brain cancer. She is 9 years old. Her surgery is scheduled for October 22nd so I may have to take care of my brother's kids while he is with his wife and her family during this difficult time. My brother lives an hour away so I would most likely take a couple of days vacation to care for my brother's three children...they have school and sports related activities that they would needs suffeled to. Still waiting word if my brother is staying home or heading out of town with his wife. I think he needs to be there, but I understand this is a difficult time for his children as they are close with their cousin so they may want Dad around while Mom is gone.

- I'm being forced out of my current position at work to take a position that is not the career path I want to go down. I've been doing what I do for 15 years. BUT I'm grateful to have a job and my salary will most likely be increased.

- I'm interviewing with a company for a new job that is 100% travel so I'm struggling weighing the pros and cons. Of course the money is FANTASTIC.

- School is keeping me busy. Only three more weeks until I'm done with this class.

- I'm still hoping to schedule surgery after Christmas. But now it will depend on if I am offered the job that travels. I need the surgery, but will postpone if I get a new job.

- I took Kassidy to see Miley Cyrus last week. We went with my BFF and her daughter and we had a blast. The smile on Kassidy's face was enough to know she appreciated the outing. We were 6 rows from the front of the stage. Who's da bomb? :)

- I'm hosting Thanksgiving at my house with LW's family this year. I'm excited and nervous about this. I host Thanksgiving breakfast with my family every year. We started doing that because everyone got tired of eating turkey all day. We get together at 10am every year to watch the Macys Thanksgiving Parade and eat breakfast. So I will have a double whammy with two different families this year. At least we won't have to travel!

Other than that, which I think is enough, things are well. I'm blessed in more ways that I count. And I miss my Momma every day as the days tick closer to her being gone almost two years. It's hard to believe she's not here for me to call her and ask her how I cook a turkey (yes I'm that lame). She's always cooked it at my house in the past when we use to do dinner with my family instead of breakfast. I know I'll figure it out though.

I'll do my best to get to everyone's blogs this week.

Happy Monday friends!

6 comments:

Kim and Dave said...

Thanksgiving breakfast...what a great idea!

Tooj said...

You'll find a way to fit everything together. 100% travel, eh? I'd really enjoy that I think....if I didn't have kids at home. I thought about applying for a travel job back when I was preggo with OJ, but I knew it wouldn't work out.

I think breakfast for T-day is a great idea. I love my turkey though, and mashed potatoes....and corn...and cranberry sauce...and...rolls...YUM. Okay, mouth watering.

Allison said...

Sending lots of good thoughts your way! I'll be saying prayers for the child with cancer. ((HUGS))

Colleen said...

Sounds like you really do have a lot going on. Sending you lots of hugs as all the different pieces of the life puzzle work themselves out. Oh, and if you need help with the Turkey, I can play momma for the day. I love cooking them and would be more than happy to give some help to you! :)

Julie said...

Wow. Only 9 years old and diagnosed with brain cancer? I'll keep my thoughts and prayers with you and their family!

I'm pretty sure that Kassidy thinks you're the best woman on Earth. I heard the Miley concert was really entertaining....even to all the moms that brought their kids!

Good luck with all the job happenings!

ModernMom said...

Oh you do have a lot going on. Prayers for your 9 year old loved one....