Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My exes.

It's rare that you find friends in this world that are true to you. I thought I had one about three years ago...until she slept with my husband (didn't find out until we were divorced thank God or else she would have been missing some teeth and him some balls). We were inseperable for a pretty big period of time...we'd watch movies, we would go shopping, we would have parties...you know all of the girly stuff you do with your friends. She helped me through my divorce. Big joke huh?

Then one day she stopped talking to me....right after my Mom died. She joked about having to come to my Mom's funeral. She told other friends of mine at the funeral that she was there because she "HAD" to be. Long story short. I called her out on it, she stopped talking to me and now she is with my ex-husband as she left her husband to be with my ex.

But today I saw a picture of them both.

Priceless.

He got fat and uglier.

She got ugly and fat.

Is that mean? I suppose so. But it hurt more losing her as a friend then losing him as a husband. It hurt knowing I was being made fun of while they were sleeping together and I was married to him. It hurt knowing I was trying to give him a baby when he was out running around.

But today. I feel good.

I made the right choice leaving him.

I made the right choice calling her out about her actions at my Mom's funeral. I will NOT let her taint the death of my Mother.

She WILL see that I am happy, healthy, skinner than her (hey I lost 1.5 pds in a week!), and with a man who has an education, a fantastic job, hobbies, great kids, and a life that her man (my ex) will never be able to give her, without the debt collectors banging on his door (I had to change my home number because three years later they were still calling my house looking for him!).

Life is good.

I'm where I need to be.

I'm happy.

7 comments:

Liz said...

That is the BEST!!!!

Julie said...

You are exactly where you need to be.

There are no coincidences.

Julie said...

Good for you for leaving him and your "friend" behind! Let them get fat and ugly together...and you can just keep getting more and more fabulous!

Kate said...

Ok, I have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog but I just did and I have to say I like this post. I mean what a CRAP thing to have to go through with your exes, but I have to say when I got to the part about them getting fat and ugly I will unashamedly admit that I got a smile on my face. And that you have moved on to something bigger and better is wonderful. I'm glad you're happy, 1.5 lbs. lighter, and adorable. :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

So sad but they deserve one another. They can be miserable together. You have moved on to something wonderful and you are beautiful too. He and she lost the best thing that ever happened to them.

Colleen said...

She sounds like a winner and we all know that he was one too! :) Danica, you are in sucha better place now and you have friends who love you to pieces and would never do anything to hurt you. LW is the best thing that's happened to you in so long because he's showing you what love really is.

Tom and I talked just the other day about how ex's are put in our lives for a reason - they teach us about ourselves, what we really deserve, what love really is. Sounds like she did the same for your friendship.

Love you!

jannypie said...

wouldn't it be great if all our exes lived in texas?!

i know how you feel. it hurts to lose a friend, especially over something like that, when she could have just been a grown up and taken responsibility for hurting your feelings.

BUT! truth wins out, and people's natures always show after time. she obviously wasn't a "true" friend, and thus you are better off without her!