Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I'm all over the place!

Sorry my posts have been few and far between. I'm in my last week of school and the homework has been wretched. Thank goodness I'll be done on Monday and out until after the holidays. I actually cried on Sunday because the homework was more than I'm use to handling. Did I get old or what? I remember three years ago when I could take a class, work full time, had a husband, traveled, etc. Now I'm just O-L-D.

Things are well.

LW was accepted to do a Big Ten basketball scrimmage for Ohio State. He is OVER the moon and I couldn't be happier for him. Maybe one day you'll see my man on TV officiating a Big Ten game (GO BUCKS!). I'm so proud of him. The smile on his face when he told me was enough. It always is enough.

Friday I got to the doctor to find out if I have a tumor on my left ovary. UGH That ultrasound will determine if I have my hysterectomy this year or next. My goal is to have it in January so that I can get well before vacation in early May. Not looking forward to the surgery but I am looking forward to feeling better.

We went to a Halloween party last weekend. Will have to post pics. We had a lot of fun!

Today my brother's wife's brother's daughter (my extended family) is going in for brain surgery. It's a 9 hour process so we are patientaly waiting for any news. Word is she could be blind afterwards, so please please please pray with all that you have. Marley is such a good little girl and has a whole lot of life to live (she's 9).

For now that's what's been going on. I'm looking forward to some rest after school is over. It may take some convincing to get me back. I'm actually missing going to the gym more. HA

Happy Wednesday.

3 comments:

Tooj said...

That's exciting news for LW. :) I can't bring myself to cheer for anything Big 10, but for good calls he might make in the future, I will. Ha!

I hope that your medical stuff goes well for you, and painless. Thoughts are with your extended family. What a gut wrenching experience they must be having, only 9. For as much as we think we control, we do not. Simple as that.

Have a happy rest of Hump Day.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Hope all goes really well with your niece's surgery. Prayers being sent her way!

Hooray for LW! When he hits television, please let us know so we can watch out for him.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Halloween costumes.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

May the Lords Blessing be with your Marley and her team of doctors today.

I had a tumor the size of a softball on my ovary. The surgery is fairly routine although the size required me to be cut hip to hip. I still recouperated very fast. I was on me feet same day walking at the hospital as much as they would let me, went home on day four and about 2 weeks later felt great. Hopefully it will all work out for you as well. Hugs. Tammy