Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update to Kassidy's Room

I have FINALLY finished with the 'name' project for Kassidy's room. What started out to be a small project, turned out to take me all summer and into the fall to complete. We literally kept running out of time. And now that she is having friends over for her Halloween bash, I wanted to make sure her room was as complete as it could be without purchasing the new furniture I'm hopeful we'll get for her next year.

The 'name' project is just that....we were painting canvas' to go above her bed that spelled her name. She picked out orange, lime green and purple paint.

Here are the pictures of the second coat of paint going on the orange and purple and a single coat going on the lime green. I finished the lime green this weekend while she was at her Mom's.





Then tonight I finished decorating the canvas by using some fake scrapbooking flowers that Kass picked out along with decorative ribbon I had stored for scrapbooking and card making. To top off the flowers I used yellow glitter brads that I had put away for cards and scrapbooking as well.

When I hung the pictures I wanted to do a straight line, but as I started hanging them I realized that I liked the letters a little more out of line.

I think the project turned out great. I know she will be so excited when she comes home on Friday!







Over the summer Kassidy completed a Crayola marker poster that she so desperately wanted framed. So while she was at her Mom's I framed the poster for her and hung it in her room. When she came to our house last she was so excited to see it framed. That really melted my heart that she was so appreciative.

While it doesn't go with her room, I was happy to frame it for her.



So that's it. For now Miss Kassidy's room is completed.

AH and it only took an entire summer!

11 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Danica, Kassidy's room is absolutely gorgeous! I loved the lettering. That's so very unique! I can't wait to see her reaction.

Liz said...

danica, it looks awesome! don't tell me you're not creative any more, chica!!! not after this project!

Coloradolady said...

These are adorable...I know she will be thrilled to see the letters on the wall....looks great! You are so creative!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

I LOVE IT!! My daughter went through purple, orange and green phase as well only it was splash paint on white walls. Her name looks great on her purple walls. Great job. Tammy

Sue said...

It looks so great Danica! I love the name!! She's very lucky to have someone crafty like you in her life. Fun projects for the both of you. I'm sure she'll LOVE it when she sees it!

Andrea said...

I LOVE the letters. Those are so amazing!

I can't wait to hear what all of Kass's friends think. She's gonna be the envy of all of her friends.

Julie said...

Those letters are adorable! I would've killed to have such a cool room when I was her age!

ModernMom said...

Wow that is amazing! I love the idea! (and that is the exact colour purple my 10 year old is angling for on her re-paint of her room)

Mandy said...

Wow! Really cute!

erinann said...

awesome girlie!!

Trisha.R.Jackson said...

This looks awesome!!