Monday, September 21, 2009

Stampin Up Party

For years my friend Dee has been trying to get me to attend a Stampin Up party. I've always said no because I was busy scrapbooking or going to school. Besides, I never thought I had a use to make cards since Hallmark always came through at the last minute.

Then over the last three years several of my chat board friends, Liz and Erin included, have inspired me with their card creations. Thus came about the modivation to attend my first Stampin Up party this past Sunday.

This was the first card we made and let me tell you. It took the longest to make, but in the end it was SO worth it. I don't think I'll ever send it out because I love it that much!




The next card we made was a simple Thank You card. We were suppose to do the blending technique but I didn't much care for it. Maybe I'll try it again and see if I like it.




Finally we learned how to make tags that can go on gift cards, packages, tin, etc. The consultant even let us take the tins home filled with candy corn! YUM




All in all I had a great time and learned some new skills!

4 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I've never been to one before but I know so many people that are really dedicated to it. Great ideas!

Julie said...

Those are gorgeous! I love Stampin' Up parties...though I try to avoid them because I know I'll spend every last penny I have on all the cute stuff! :o)

ModernMom said...

Wow! These are amazing? I'mnow wondering if someone like me without a crafty bone in her body could attempt something like this! Love them:)

Emily said...

Good job, girlie! They all turned out great!!