Friday, September 18, 2009

So True.....

My co-worker's daughter who is battling cancer sent her Father this quote today and I thought I would share.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in
which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say
to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing
that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do."
~Elanor Roosevelt

For anyone who is struggling, going through some major/minor issues, or just needs reminded that "yes you can do it", this is for you.

5 comments:

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Thank you. This was great timing.

A Stitch In Thyme said...

THis is a quote in one of my Hazeldon (AA) books. I have always revered Mrs. Roosevelt. She was a strong brave woman. It's a fantastic quote and would apply to any situation.

Have a great weekend!! Tammy

Coloradolady said...

Just what I needed....great post.

Julie said...

I'm here getting caught up on a week's worth of blog reading. Is there any coffee? Happy Saturday! Go Bucks! Speaking of which, I lost one of my Brutus earrings you gave me. Where can I get another pair?

Tooj said...

"You must do..." I love that she said "must do". It's not an option. We must do what we think we cannot. Indeed.