Wednesday, September 9, 2009

School is about to start!

In two and a half weeks (maybe slightly more) I'll be starting back to college. I graduated college with a BS in Business Admin in 2006. Best.Day.Of.My.Life. My family was there...my Dad flew in from Nevada, my Mom was alive, my sister (other sister wasn't talking to me at this time in my life) was there and so was my brother. I had the biggest graduation party around and ended up drunk the night before the ceremony. Certainly not the best way to graduate, but it did come with a lot of funny stories...like me laughing so hard I peed my pants...IN FRONT of my dad! Too much tequila will do that to ya.

I've decided to work on a second bachelors degree in Business Forensics with a minor concentration in project and process management. I have 8 classes to take and since I'm letting my company pay it, I won't be able to graduate until May 2011. But that's okay, I won't be any further in school loan debt than I already am, AND I can still enjoy my summers and holiday breaks.

I'm actually excited to go back. I love learning. I love being an educational sponge. My class load is easy with one class here and there, but I'm taking accelerated classes which means I am taking classes that are offered in 15 week sessions, in 6 weeks. Lots of homework, but so worth it. I even have homework due the first night of class! HA

I can't wait. I'm turning another chapter in my life and I love it!

5 comments:

Julie said...

You go, girl! Good luck!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm very excited for you. I understand that blogging may be a challenge but still let us know how you're doing!

Mandy said...

That's really exciting! I wish I could think of something to study if I went back to school. Good luck!

ModernMom said...

Oh I so admire you! Sounds like you know exactly what you want and are GOING for it!

Tooj said...

I am SO jealous. I want to go back to school myself. :) I keep sort of wishing I get laid off and HAVE to be FORCED to make that decision. ;) Horrible, isn't it? I have a good job and wish to get laid off sometimes? Ah well.