Monday, September 28, 2009

Not for the faint of heart.

My 15 year old nephew, David, had an injury Saturday night that might possibly end his football season this year.

He was running up the wooden stairs outside on the deck to run into the house, when he tripped and fell. The gash went all of the way to the bone and required 20 stitches to be sewn shut.

We are grateful that his only injury is the gash in his leg, however his little heart is crushed because he could possibly be out for the remainder of the football season (he plays Freshman football).

The picture below is NOT for the faint of heart. David took the picture with his cell phone at the hospital, so it's not of the greatest quality.



If you pray, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. The doctors have him on some strong antibotics to keep him from getting an infection.

10 comments:

Coloradolady said...

OMG...poor things, this pic just about took me to the floor and you warned me....I can not even imagine the pain that poor guy is going thru....prayers are going up....hopefully he will have a speedy recovery....

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Okay, um. EWWWWWWW

Feel better little man!!
Hugs
Tammy

Julie said...

Oh hell no. I can't believe you blogged that picture! LOL

I just threw up a little in my mouth. Quick, rinse it out with a margarita for me, will ya?

Julie said...

Oh, and I forgot to say I hope he's okay but yeah I'm thinking football for the season is done.

Colleen said...

OH MY GAWD that looks painful. And I thought my knee cut was bad. Poor thing... here's to quick healing!

LV said...

My goodness, it looks terrible to me. I do not even watch doctor TV shows. I am too chicken. Trust all goes well with him and has speedy healing.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

What was it that went into his leg like that? Was it a plank? Geez! That's got to hurt but only 20 stitches.

I really hope he's able to play football before the season is over.

Danica said...

@ CCD - yup it was a wooden plank from one of their stairs. His knee landed straight down on it. He's a trooper though. We're hopeful he'll be able to play by Oct 22nd as that's the game I'm suppose to go watch!

Andrea said...

OMG! I seriously gasped when I saw that. However the weirdo in me can't stop looking at it!!

I really hope it feels better or that they give him some really good pain meds.

So sad about his football season. There's always next year.

Julie said...

Wow! That's one heck of a gash! Hopefully he's a quick healer and can get in a little football before the season is over!