Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chicken teeth?

Last night I was taking a long walk (sorta running too) through my neighborhood as I often do when I can't make it to the gym. As I'm crossing the street, which is a half way point for me, a gentleman in a truck yells from his window "You wanna buy some chicken?" My first thought is "Do you see a wallet on me buddy? I'm working out here. Don't I appear to be all sweaty from trying to lose the poundage that has accumulated on my fat thighs?" But then I quickly responded with a poliet, but sarcastic "No thanks. Not today."

Why did I say not today? It's not like I'm gonna be in the mood to buy his chicken tomorrow. He was trolling around in a fishy looking pick-up truck with a magnetic sign that said something about a farm. For all I know he was selling a Canadian goose in there.

But what got me with this whole chicken selling business was, as I was walking, or better yet trying to run away, he yelled "You got purty teeth!" Huh? The theme from Deliverance started playing in my head. I hauled ass outta there before he threw me in the back of the pick-up with the chickens!

I had to laugh though because as I continued my walk I thought, more like talked out loud to myself..."I do have purty teeth. I paid a lot of money for them!"

9 comments:

Julie said...

OMG. You got a purty mouth there, Blondie.

Run!

Liz said...

At least he said teeth and not boobs, butt or body!

Simi said...

LOL Such a RANDOM encounter!!! I agree with Liz :)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

If that was his pickup line, he's going to be single for a loooong time!

A Stitch In Thyme said...

Providing caution is used: Don't you love these chance encounters with absolute strangers? I do, you can learn so much from them... good to know your teeth are top notch.

LV said...

You are something else. That could have been a bad situation, but thank goodness you did not need a chicken. You cannot be too careful, regardless of what you are doing. Take care.

Colleen said...

That's freaking hysterical! I don't know which made me laugh more though - him telling you that you have purty teeth or him selling chicken out of his truck! :)

Vegas Linda Lou said...

That's too funny! I have to wonder, just what about you projected the "I'm in the market for chicken" vibe?

ModernMom said...

OMG I'm glad you and your purty teeth ran ran ran..never trust a man selling Canadian Geese out of the back of a truck with a magnetic sticker. Never! LOL