Friday, August 28, 2009

Pub Crawl

Last night I met my friend Freda and her daughter for dinner at this place called The Pub. It was by far one of the most coolest places I have yet been to in Columbus. The wait staff wear kilts! The whole time I was there though, I was wondering what the men thought about wearing kilts? Do they wear tighty whities under their kilts or do they wear boxers? The questions in my head were endless. And as much as I wanted to ask our waiter what prompted him to apply at a restaurant where you have to wear a kilt, I did not ask. I swear it was on the tip of my tounge though!

At The Pub there was a party room that had taps for beer right on the table. The waiter explained the whole process (long story about how there are no kegs under the table, but the lines run under the floor) and I must say, I want to have my next birthday there!!!! Imagine not getting up from your table to serve yourself a beer? How great would it be to pull down on the tap and have a nice cold beer in your hands within seconds? It truly is the little things.

After dinner we stood outside of the restaurant and watched Freda's nephew play his guitar and sing on this tiny stage by the fountains. Damn that boy has some pipes. He was awesome and he played songs I hadn't heard in years. I swear I was on my feet dancing! The weather cooperated, so it was a very lovely evening all the way around.

So if you're ever in Columbus you must stop by the Polaris Fashion Place and take a peek into The Pub.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like my kind of place! And if I were there and had a few beers in me, I'd TOTALLY ask the boxer/brief question for you! :)

Stephanie said...

That is the best place EVER! Next time you go, try the Stronbow Cider. It's the only place to get it on tap, which is the sooo much better than the bottle. We love that place :-)

Julie said...

Sounds good! Let's go!

Crystal said...

We need to plan a night out there. And I used to work with a Scottish man - true Scots wear NOTHING under their kilts. :-) I know that's not the case in a restaurant/bar, but eewwwww.

Julie said...

I'm SO putting that on my list of places to go! It sounds fantastic. If I'm gutsy enough, I'll find out about the undies for you. ;o)

Tooj said...

But if you are able to draw your own beer, how do they know how much to charge you? They obviously can't count how many ounces of beer you've pulled for yourself. Is it an "all you can drink" fee at the door? I'm confused, but not by the kilts. Strange as THAT might be. :)

Danica said...

LOL Tooj the lines run under the table to the bar where there is a special keg for the table. They fill the keg up and charge you by the ounce. Somehow they know how many ounces are sold from that keg. Perhaps there are lines on the keg for the ounces remaining???

Emily said...

Love that place!

(Oh and you can get Strongbow on tap @ Claddagh as well - I love that stuff!)

The kilts are great - everyone looks like a British punk rocker!