Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Lawrence

Today is my significant other's birthday. We won't mention age because today in the car he told me he was 29 AGAIN. Far be it for me to correct him and tell him that he actually turned * * today and that in 11 years he can retire.

A lot has changed with us since his last birthday.

- We've celebrated a year of dating together
- He's moved in
- His daughter stayed two months this summer with us
- We said "I love you"
- He met my entire family
- I met his entire family
- We've gone on four vacations
- He's gone to the cemetary with me to lay flowers on my Mom's grave
- He went to my Mom's church with me and held my hand while I cried

It's been such a wonderful progression in our relationship over the last year.

This morning I gave him a gift certificate to get a full body, one and a half hour, massage from Charles Penzone's Spa. He was giddy and can't wait to go. Tonight we are meeting some friends for dinner at a super nice restaurant in downtown Columbus, then afterwards we are meeting some other friends for drinks.

I love you baby. I hope you know just how very much you mean to me.

Happy Birthday

7 comments:

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Lawrence!!! Hope you have a fabulous day!!

Tooj said...

It sounds like you two squeezed in a LOT in one year. :) If you can handle all of that, you've only got good stuff ahead. Those are all hard things to go through together....and it's lovely that you had one another to do it with. We, too, have been through stepkids, parental death, gravesites, church, vacations, family.....some we crammed in a short period, some were stretched out, but 7 years later, we're still here. I won't say standing...sometimes we're just sitting. LOL Stay smiling and I hope you had a wonderful celebration together!

Julie said...

Sorry I'm late but Happy Birthday, LW!!!!!

Colleen said...

Aw... hope that LW had a great birthday! It's been an exciting year for you two - with many more to come I'm sure!

erinann said...

sounds like an amazing year for you both!! xo!

tbonegrl said...

Hope your celebration was lovely!!

LV said...

Sounds line you two are getting it all worked out. Trust if it is meant to be, it will, and you have a very happy like together. Glad you took time out from the birthday celebration to visit my post today.