Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Everything is still and quiet at home.

Yesterday was the first full day without Kassidy around. I must say it was a little sad in our house.

I spent all day home alone as I decided to take a day off of work to do 'me stuff'. Turns out I cleaned the house from top to bottom because my OCD self can't enjoy a day at home if the house is dirty. I also made a trip to Lowes to pick out the tile for my bathrooms as I'm having my masterbath and guest bath floors tiled, showers and tubs tiled and sink tiled. I can't wait for the Handy Man to start his engines on Monday.

I digress....so needless to say I cooked dinner, and we sat in the living room in front of the TV. Something we NEVER did with Kass. We always sat at the kitchen table and laughed and talked about our day.

Something was different...or should I say, life returned to how it was before Kassidy stayed two months with us.

It was quiet.

It was so peaceful.

It was slightly sad.

I miss the fast pace she created in the house. We were always on the go, every.single.night. But last night, LW fell asleep on the couch while I surfed the Internet and watched old Roseanne reruns. Pathetic.

Soon basketball and volleyball season will start and LW will be off to his officiating duties, leaving me quietly behind in the dust. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I'll actually be going back to school for a second bachelor's degree in the fall, so I'll need the alone time to get the homework done.

We won't have Kassidy at the house until NEXT weekend, which seems forever away. While I welcome the quiet time with LW, I had FINALLY gotten use to having that little bugger around. I like the help she provided, the reality checks she gave me, and the other side of LW that she brought out.

This week will be interesting as we fall back into our 'normal' routine.

I'm curious to see what we find as 'normal' again.

4 comments:

Tooj said...

Ah, the trick to defining normal is to never, ever do it. :) I learned that lesson the hard way when my stepson arrived in our house. Normal "is" as the day "goes". I hope that you enjoy going back to school, I'm jealous. :) I started to go back and get my masters, but having OJ steered me away from it. He felt the need to be overwhelming, apparently. In the meantime, enjoy the clean house!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I so understand the "live" feeling of the house. Right now, Baby Boo is here and honestly, I can't say that I've had much time to even stare at the ceiling. There is always something to correct, change, wash, wipe, get. I love her to pieces but I am longing for a chance to just sit and watch old reruns too. I'm tired of Sponge Bob! I'm tired of saying, "No, put that down." I'm mainly just tired! LOL

You will love when she is back to visit but in the meantime, girl, get your groove back.

LV said...

I am not sure what the correct definition for "normal" is anymore. It has it's own meaning for each of us I guess. Glad you found yours and had a nice day. Nice of you to take time to leave a welcomed comment.

Colleen said...

You'll appreciate her visits more probably now that she's gone... and you and LW can get back into your routines!

I'm so proud of you for going back to school. You are amazing! :)