Friday, July 17, 2009

I got the best night sleep EVER last night.

I think the combination of my blogging about sleep, being so sleep deprived I could fall asleep at any given moment, and one tasty Advil PM, put me in such a state of euphoria that I slept with little or no movement ALL.NIGHT.LONG.

I didn't even get up to tinkle!

HOLY COW

I'm refreshed today. Alive, awake and can't wait to bust my hiney at the gym tonight. Even LW commented this morning on how refreshed I looked and how much happier I seemed. One night's rest really made a difference? Imagine if I had several nights of great rest in a row? I'd no longer be a Gemini. You know us Gem's have dual personalities. We can be sweet as pie one minute, and grouchy the next minute.

I'm hoping that I can sleep like that at least the rest of the weekend. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to sleep a full night and get up and not be such a complete grouch the next day? I wish this trend would continue, although sadly I doubt it will, as this has happened before. I get all stoked the first few days, then I crash and burn into the pit of sleepless nights where people like me linger in our dreams hoping and praying sleep finds us but instead counting sheep because there's nothing better to do.

1 sheep, 2 sheep, oh Hello Mr. Rogers, 3 sheep, shit, 1 sheep, 2 sheep......

6 comments:

Kristen said...

Yipee for sleep! And your reenactment of counting sheep at the end of your post made me laugh out loud!! :-)

Julie said...

Good for you! And yes, you can bring gum Monday night. LOL

tbonegrl said...

Gald you're having a better day and got a good rest...your good sleep must have been b/c of my awful sleep!

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Hope the sleeping good continues. It's so unreal when we lose sleep, how our day ends up. I usually feel like I'm grabbing at things just to keep organized while trying not to be grouchy.

Tooj said...

Hey! Happy to hear you got in a good night's rest. I meant to back-track the other day and send this along to you. One my my favorite bloggers posted this up on a blog she shares with other women. I thought it might be interesting to you. :) Happy Friday.

http://modernmollymormon.blogspot.com/2009/07/run-and-not-be-weary-confessions-of.html

LV said...

I certainly belong in your no sleep group. I do not sleep well at all. I am wide awake, with more energy at night, and want to sleep when it is time to get up. My mornings are shot. I wish I knew what to do, except take a sleeping pill, which I do not want to do. I sometime,like you ,take an Advil PM, but it really does not help much. Whenever, for what reason, I do get a halfway decent nights sleep, I feel so much better. We need help!