Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Going back to school.

I’m taking the plunge and going back to school.

I said it!

I’m waiting on my advisor to call me back so I can start scheduling my classes for the fall or winter. It won’t be a heavy load.

I’m going to be working on a subsequent bachelors degree in Business Forensics. I *think* I need about 6-8 classes (will know more after my meeting), which isn’t bad and if I take the 6 week courses I’ll be done in no time.

I need and want out of IT. It’s time for a change. And I am the only person who can want to change my future.

LW is super supportive, which is so helpful.

I’m nervous. I remember what it was like getting my first degree. It took me 15 years to graduate. I remember how I couldn’t WAIT to be finished. Once I finished (May 2006), my Mom got sick and about a year and a half later she died. Then 2008 rolled around and I was going through the grieving process when I met LW, so I wouldn’t have even entertained the idea of going back to school. Now that 2009 is here and practically over, I’m settled comfortably into my relationship with LW and it’s time for me to take charge of my life and move forward.

I’m ready.

I’m excited.

I’m scared.

I can do it!

9 comments:

Liz said...

Yay Danica!!! Good for you! What do you want to do with it?

Kim and Dave said...

You can do it!!! Congratulations.

Danica said...

Um ya Liz, I dunno yet! Maybe go into consulting with E&Y or some place like that.

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

Yes, you can do it! I'm proud of all that you are accomplishing so much! That's not much and you can get through it in no time.

Julie said...

You go girl! What school are you going to?

Danica said...

I'm looking at Franklin where I got my BA to begein with.

Kristen said...

That's awesome Danica!!!

erinann said...

That's awesome! You can do anything!

tbonegrl said...

WTG Danica! I am proud of you!