Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicago - Better Recap To Come

I was in Chicago early Fri morning through yesterday.

Had a great time. Crystal is the bestest eva.

Wish I lived there (again) - we lived there when I was little and I went to elementary school there).

I bought a lot of STUFF!!! Juicy purse, Bare Escentials make up, clothes, gifts for LW and Kassidy....Christmas stuff.

Went up in the Sears Tower, now called the Willis Tower.

Went to Navy Pier and rode the ferris wheel.

Ate at the best cup cake place in Chicago (that's what all of the articles said anyway per Crystal) and it was mighty good. I think it was called Momma B's or something like that. It's in Lincoln Park.

Ran smack dab into the Jonas Brothers (You know you know who they are! Admit it!) signing autographs for a gaggle of girls.

Was sad at the amount of homeless people I saw.

Frustrated with idiot drivers and pedistrians who think they own the street even when the sign tells you NOT to cross the street!!!!!!! Damn tourists!

Had some fun cabbies. The cabby from the airport to the hotel was singing right along with Crystal and I to some tunes. We had him laughing!

And who can forget the quickie mart Crystal and I went to after we had a drink at The Drake Hotel.....I think a bomb needs set off in that place....boy did it stink (and it wasn't me).

I'll try to post pictures later this week. You all know me. I'm a picture junky so I have a lot to sift through.

Happy Monday! Back to the grind.

7 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! We do need to do lunch to get caught up :)

Simi said...

Sounds AWESOME!!! I have been living vicariously through all YOUR fun this summer :D :D :D

Julie said...

Wow, sounds like my trip! :) Can't wait to see your pictures!!!

travel girl said...

I was in Chicago twice and both times too short!
Definitely need to go back.
Especially for the cupcakes;)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams said...

I'm jealous! You are having some fun vacations!

tbonegrl said...

sounds like fun! Can't wait to see pics!

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Sounds like a blast! Lucky girl.